forged engine running very hot!

My glanza runs very hot On my temp gauge when im stationary after a 15mins my temp reads from 80 to 95-100 degrees

If im cruising the engine temp stays on 78.

Ive had to fit another fan infront of the rad connected to a switch inside of my car that i switch when its running hot.

The engine does not lose coolant and the fan kicks in on time but its still very hot.

Ive changed the thermostat.

What can be causing the engine to run at such high temp.

Thanks

I have a stock rad and thermo and when I drive normay its 86 and maybe 92 in traffic then fan does its work and goes to 89

..............down the lanes I hit 96/98 and thats highest .

I have stock rad and those figures are pretty much what i see.

guys out cars aint opel !!!!!! we do not run that high our engines E series run at around 180 Fahrenheit / 82 degree celcius

Yes they do. 82 is the temp the thermostat starts opening but the coolant will still get higher than that.

Also water alone dissipates heat better than anti freeze so don't expect the temps to drop when that's added. I wouldn't be worrying though...

Boiling point is dependent upon closed vessel pressure. Hence if you run a 1 bar rad cap the boiling point will be 100 degree's C, run 1.2 bar boiling point will be circa 120 degrees C. Again this is dependent on what you are using as the cooling fluid, be it water or anti-freeze of some sort.

There are a few companies that manufacture a special formula which is claimed to raise the boiling point, much like an additive, although I've not used any myself.

• 2 weeks later...

My glanza runs very hot On my temp gauge when im stationary after a 15mins my temp reads from 80 to 95-100 degrees

If im cruising the engine temp stays on 78.

Ive had to fit another fan infront of the rad connected to a switch inside of my car that i switch when its running hot.

The engine does not lose coolant and the fan kicks in on time but its still very hot.

Ive changed the thermostat.

What can be causing the engine to run at such high temp.

Thanks

Did you check your AFR at idle??

• 1 month later...