What to look for? GT Turbo

gear box crunch into gear, engines with ring failure, head gaskets gone or goin , bottom ends goin on way home is commen, turbos smoking, cracked manifolds, crash damage, rust behind skirts

That's all I keep hearing and reading these days mate bottom end going on way home

the biggest issue with buying a starlet these days is this cunt

IMG-20140215-WA0005_zpsswkzikdi.jpg

geuninely not even joking if hes selling the car the best thing you can do is get your mate to record you giving him a swift kick in the nuts. the amount of people hes ripped off will likely give you enough thank you beer tokens to buy 2 starlets.

^^^^^ OOOOOO jeeez ha ha 14 ^^^ ???

he can actualy drive ha! but hes been banned on here with a few accounts and can think of atleast 4-5 threads of people buying cars from him and them blowing up with in a few hours-weeks. bascily buys fucked cars tarts them up and sells them as mint saying him/ his brother have owned them for years for top dollar

the biggest issue with buying a starlet these days is this cunt

IMG-20140215-WA0005_zpsswkzikdi.jpg

geuninely not even joking if hes selling the car the best thing you can do is get your mate to record you giving him a swift kick in the nuts. the amount of people hes ripped off will likely give you enough thank you beer tokens to buy 2 starlets.

Apparently its 3 brothers and been described as the 3 lions off the film

Four-Lions-04345_1.jpg

ha nah mate just stay clear from high wycombe as i say they lads are well known for selling dodgey cars and have been banned from the site but there still active on other selling mediums and people are still getting caught out

Hahaha fair enough mate. Going to devon to look at one. I've asked the seller for more pictures of the car, maybe I need to ask for some pictures of him?!

.. Although that may be weird, and the police may come knocking on my door

id bang up any pics and spec you get. alot of people on here are pretty good at spotting bullshit in ads.

i dont no if id be more worried if the guy sent the police or started firing me some random selfies of him posing on the car to be honest ha!

This is the fella - *Link removed to due to me being paranoid someone else will see it and buy it*

I'm now scared you're all gonna tell me it's shite and I've got my hopes up for nothing. I have hopes of returning it to standard. (Bar wheels and exhaust)

Edited by MaxGT

seems a nice modest discrition. price wise its decent provided its in good mechanical order. cant see if the boost controler is there. id ask to see a few interoir and engine bay shots and one or 2 of underneath the car before i traveled to view it.

only thing that looks off on it is the milage hes saying its 113k kms the speedo reads 138k which will be a mix of miles and kms if it has been convereted into mph already which going by the mark on the tacho blocking out the K i would say is very likely. although for a car of this age even at a mixed miles and KM's 138k isnt exactly bad.

seems a nice modest discrition. price wise its decent provided its in good mechanical order. cant see if the boost controler is there. id ask to see a few interoir and engine bay shots and one or 2 of underneath the car before i traveled to view it.

only thing that looks off on it is the milage hes saying its 113k kms the speedo reads 138k which will be a mix of miles and kms if it has been convereted into mph already which going by the mark on the tacho blocking out the K i would say is very likely. although for a car of this age even at a mixed miles and KM's 138k isnt exactly bad.

I've asked for more photos. It's a four hour round trip, I've got to be pretty sure I want it before I go.

Thanks for the feedback I was shitting it that'd you'd say it was a heap

Ain't perfect but I hope I can improve it. Starting by getting rid of the BOV and boost controller... I'm quite taken with it, keep going back and looking at it. But the only problem with me, is I'm impulsive. I see something and have to have it. I decided I wanted a starlet tuesday haha

from the pictures it seems to be fine to be honest. most the bullshit ones have mental power claims from stock turbos or fully forged engines with no reciepts or pictures of the engine bay ha!

id assume the plan is keep it as stock as possible for insurance purposes?

i was slightly impulsive with the first glanza i bought i seen it on ebay and called the guy striaght away and asked if he meet me at the airport if i flew down. he agreed and said what time and i told him i had no idea id call when i was getting on the plane ha! i had to get a taxi then a boat then another taxi arrived at the airport an hour later and just walked upto the desk and asked for the first flight to birmingham luckily there was one due in like 30mins so flew straight down walked over to the car and didnt even test drive it just handed the guy the cash and started my 7 hour return drive home ha! i broke down with in 20miles becuse a clip blew off the intercooler and had to wait 2 hours for the RAC to bring me a screw driver to fix it! luckily that was the only problem i ever had with that car but i paid well over the odds because it was super low miles and pretty fresh import.