geometery set ups what are people running?

just looking to see what people are running suspetion set up wise. theres nowhere near me that does custom set ups local garages just do it to oem standards unless i give them the figures. under accleatarion my car sits its little ass down nicely and lauches but soon as i hit 110/120mph it just wants to wander all over the road with extremely light steering feel. had new rarb. fully polly bushes,ball joints track rod ends blah blah all redo. trd clutch type diff, anti-lift kit, coil overs and 8j wheels on yokohama pradas. its only pushing 300bhp so id be suprised if it was struggling to put the power down.

cheers shaun

pushing these little biscuit tins past 110mph will never feel to safe. lol

that being said I have every handling mod conceivable on my starlet and some extras and feels perfectly fine at 125 mph plus.

decent tein coilys help and I have quite a high spring rate really.

running 2 degress camber up front and same on rear.

front has -0.4 toe I believe.

see am sure its the geometry. Prior to renewing all the running gear side of things I've had it bashing the limiter in 5th which was showing 170mph on the clock. It felt fucking dodgey but in a different way it was more just thought of knowing how fast your going in a tiny car than it wondering over the road.

Cheers hopefully few people will give there input and fan find a happy medium. Am sure I have a pile of print outs from proper set ups on some past cars I've had I'll try dig them out and compare aswell

Natural camber of the road may give you some movement, and torque steer if you're hammering it, but mine also feels quite light. You probably need to get a front spoiler / splitter to push that front end down at high speed. A rear spoiler will also make the front end lighter

Edited by Arnold

What size tyres are you using? Wider tyres tend to tramline more,

195/50/15s so slightly streched onto the rims.

its hard to explain really its not agreessive like torque steer its like it just gently wonders right but at those speeds that gentle wonder puts you into oncoming traffic quite quickly. with the steering feeling so light its hard to get a feel for fighting it to stay straight.

the plan is to get a better tyre once these wear down as the car should be making alot more power by then but i dont see that being the issue here

I had this problem with those tyres, high speed paradas are like jelly!!. That's the weak link IMO.

You have more than likely spent £10000+ on you car and only spent £30 on tyres the most important part of a car.

Agreed with mike paradas are old hat now and would never have again. Try the yokohama ad08r very good improvemnt. But if you want to go further r888 or even the dunlop dz03gs which ive gone for.

I hate Parada's with a passion, worst tyres I've ever used!

Geo: Neutral toe, front camber: -1.5, rear camber: -2

(I did briefly run with some toe in up front and it felt very planted on track but it was killing tyres so gone back to neutral)

Mods: Meisters, 24mm FARB, Adjustable RARB on stiff setting, front/3-pt rear/c-pillar braces, OEM LSD, ALK, full polybushing apart from engine/gbox, 195/50/15 Rainsport 3's (soon to be replaced with Nankang NS-2R's). Need to fit my Ultra racing 4-pt lower front brace..

lol.just done one for somebody on here,hes collecting it in next few days......

its the third one I have done and the second one thats gone out there to a forum member.

how you getting on with your one amjad ?? done much fidling withit or juat left it alone,and also have u done any trackdays or sprints on it yet ?? been meaning to ask you for a while now.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Unless your track your car i wouldnt bother going for anymore more than a neutral setup.

Good sticky set of tyres would be best, nankang nsr2 soft compound

Try some 195/50r15? mine feels solid at higher speeds

Edited by 5T4R7ET N/A