• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I had it all off today mate everything seems to be intact. Apart from I noticed the fork that pushes the release bearing didn't seem to be clipped in right. I've put it all back together now and I'll take it out for a spin in morning and see if it's helped at all. Although I doubt it.

Hope you get it sorted mate, sounds like it almost needs a thicker release bearing like the orc/blitz kits use.

by the way the sugar cube is different on older gearboxes and is just a plastic bit like above which doesn't seem to wear.

Had it out for a run there the squeaking noise has been sorted must've been the release bearing not fitted to fork properly. But still stiff into third sometimes. Not sure what route to go now...

I've tried changing the slave cylinder to rule out cheaper options and hasn't made a difference. I've also noticed that if you try put it straight into third it won't go but it'll cut out?

Sounds like it's trying to engage the gear without full use of the clutch. So its stalling when you put it straight into third? Do you have another clutch to try I. E the one you removed? Or even to compare it with?

John