• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put old clutch in this afternoon and no difference. I did notice when sitting at idle and try to go into third the car starts to move forward as if it's engaging gear, so if this is not the clutch or slave cylinder. Does that mean it could possibly be master cylinder as I'd seen tgtt an old thread that UK as a similar issues?

It really sounds like a clutch issue especially when you say it's engaging when sitting still, where is the bite point on the pedal? Have you tried simply adjusting that at the pedal see if it makes a difference?

If it was doing it as soon as you fitted the box it must be something else but you really do seem to have tried everything!

Yeah we tried to adjust the clutch pedal but still seems the same, it's just mad how it's only in third gear? But if u put it into forth first then third it goes in fine...

Really starting to get on my nerves now

Wallace, my issues became prevalent when a Corolla 5-speed I got was fitted (as fifth on my GT box shit itself). I'm just wondering if its something like syncs in the box.

Half tempted to strip down my GT box and replace whatever needs to be done to 5th as that's the most accessible.

• 2 weeks later...

Right update on this, under guidance from Mike at tuning developments I tried putting my old flywheel on. The new one I had fitted one a lightweight one and seemed to be slightly thicker than the one I removed. After doing this it seems to have solved the issue. I've also put uprated engine mounts on so this may also of helped it?