*Pete*'s Second Starlet in Turquoise

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can I get more info on your N/A/glanza bumper ? Great build by the way :D

Thanks, if its the way to do it there is another thread on here that I believe would be easier to do. http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/96512-5t4r7et-nas-sportif-turbo/ that's the link for their build thread first post scroll through the pictures you see it. I have had to do mine another way as the person who had done it before had done it a different way and I wanted to do redo it and make stronger. There are little tabs just under the headlights they are different, small on the na and large on the glanza, so you have to go past them with the na part of the bumper or remove the tabs. Now there are many methods to attach the two bumpers I have gone for plastic welding, but you can go fibre glass and few others, research them and select the one you'll find easier or what you think is going to be most effective.

• 2 weeks later...

Agh!!!! Where do you live? I have a bonnet and heaslights you can have for free if you have anyway of collecting them :) will need painting i can sort that at a cost tho :) glad your okay mate all the best.

Agh!!!! Where do you live? I have a bonnet and heaslights you can have for free if you have anyway of collecting them :) will need painting i can sort that at a cost tho :) glad your okay mate all the best.

I also have a bonnet and headlight just no bumper I'm in Sheffield can also have for free :)

Got most of them back but the two most expensive ones have got to stay on for inspection :(

That sucks. See if you can get a quote from a local garage or "mates rates". Insurance companies always go for big garages which would charge an absolute fortune. As long as you get a quote low enough and give that to the insurance company then there's a chance it won't get written off. Either way hope you get it sorted.

Phil.

You don't hang around long blimey haha what colour is this one?

The light blue colour and I need a car to get work but currently can't anything from my insurer until the claim is taken off hold as the car needs inspecting. So can't insure the new one or get a rental from from them. Could get temp cover but it is bloody expensive.

The light blue colour and I need a car to get work but currently can't anything from my insurer until the claim is taken off hold as the car needs inspecting. So can't insure the new one or get a rental from from them. Could get temp cover but it is bloody expensive.

Well that sucks. Surely they should still offer a courtesy car. What are your plans then once they inspect it? Transfer the parts over or repair and rebuild?

well see if I can get the car back depending on what they say but failing that going to see if I can get the wheels and suspension back at least. my policy doesn't have courtesy car but I've called them to do see what I can do/get and they may be able to get a hire car and cover the costs of it but waiting to hear back.

You should hire a car then submit the cost as an expense of the claim. They should prob be providing you one tbh. We had a bad smash 2 years ago and they had a courtesy car sent out next day.

Accidents suck, starlets aren't worth much but it's the time and effort that you've put into it that you'll never get back :(

Problem is that I'm under 21 so it can be hard but I been told to ring again tomorrow to see if they can insure my new car, yer it is annoying that I'll lose the time I've put in the car and I'll probably still lose money. Way to deal with it is to get it sorted and more on.