*Pete*'s Second Starlet in Turquoise

Looks sick mate, same colour as mine ;)

Where'd you get the crystal headlights at bud?

Keep up the good work mate :)

Brought them off a forum memeber in the for sale section, I know id workz sells them brand new at 140 quid i picked mine up for 70 quid. Just keep your eyes peeled for them as the only came on the japan models. Even JDM-EP may get a pair from time to time
  • Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brought them off a forum memeber in the for sale section, I know id workz sells them brand new at 140 quid i picked mine up for 70 quid. Just keep your eyes peeled for them as the only came on the japan models. Even JDM-EP may get a pair from time to time

Been keeping my eye on JDM-EP like a hawk for them pmsl, they only had the one at one point lol Really like the look of them, same goes for your rear lights bud, watched the video you posted, really like what you've done, doing us Tropicana owners proud ;)

Been keeping my eye on JDM-EP like a hawk for them pmsl, they only had the one at one point lol Really like the look of them, same goes for your rear lights bud, watched the video you posted, really like what you've done, doing us Tropicana owners proud ;)

Cheers, I would say look on some jdm autions i got my indicators from a site buyee and i see it pretty reasonable price as i had been looking for them for months. Went on the site and found a pair straight away, did see a couple of sets on there may worth a look. Edited by *Pete*

Jdm-ep actually had a set in not too long ago and they were for sale at £90 I was tempted myself but got a steering wheel instead haha!

Update:

Have done a little more work for my throttle body: Cleaned and painted idle control valve, welded and painted throttle cable spindle.

ZrSHuVQ.jpggWpZWEL.jpg

Done some work on the inlet manifold made the bore to 50mm to match the throttle body and smoothed the fuel pressure regulator outlet:

GOwKLFs.jpg7OudF0O.jpgWXugvbG.jpg

And finally done a little more on my bumper added a few bit along the gap so I can now work on it off the car:

OURnOzM.jpgHPC0UhR.jpgzL7YTPQ.jpg

Update time!!

So got my wheels on, with uniroyals rainsport 3 (I know someone would of asked what tyres I was using) still need to get some centre caps. I did have some fancy wheel nuts but they were the wrong pitch thread so had to use my old ones and rapped the socket in tape not damage the wheels.

155l4xv.jpg

t9jj8z.jpg

dqiq6r.jpg

28hof0w.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

Centre caps arrived for the wheels:

drfhhx.jpg

I also done some more on the inlet manifold got my brother to weld it up with his mig then I took it to work and after work I tig welded over the areas you can see to neaten it up for paint:

sniio0.jpg

In primer:

ev8hth.jpg

And after paint and two layers of vht lacquer:

xn7z8p.jpg

b5fplz.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

Had a little bit of time in the garage, sprayed the badge the same colour as the car. Really want another bonnet as mine isn't that good so it can be debadged.

28l9pxy.jpg

1o0htx.jpg

Also near curbed the wheel the other day :/

14j89iv.jpg

Didn't the update like I said but here it is, I used the the fuel flap off my old starlet and rusted it and lacquered it for fun. Just wanted to see how it came out.

kb29ti.jpg

f26cuo.jpg

Then that night after cleaning the car as it needed it.

1tui6r.jpg

6jir6u.jpg

Tried the battery on the weekend and I had the radio on for about 40 minutes and it still cranked over and started easily. Now I need to make the tray/box for the boot. But this is how small the battery is:

2nhda9f.jpg

Update:

Brought a need wing and bonnet not the best condition but its better than a dented wing and the bonnet is in for some plans :p

here is the bonnet in the back of my car tight fit!

4rwcr5.jpg

so with getting the new wing I fitted it the next day so I could get my indicators in. Did clean when I had the arch out but didn't take a picture.

dnlugw.jpg

rh96s8.jpg

While using the jet wash to get rid of most of dirt on the car I noticed this but it won't leak when the water was over it...

2hchllk.jpg