Engine won't fire

before spending loads of money chaning parts on gues. bring it to a garage and ask if the have a scope meter. test the signal that goes to the injectors. the will be switched to earth to open and the signal will look like the following

toyoinj.gif

if there is no signal to the injectors check the resistance in the wires. so unlug from injector and ecu and measure. if the wires are oke your ecu is probblably toast.

good luck man.

cheers,

Wouter

The loom of the injectors earthed well Charlie? Mine didn't fire when with the bad earth that had think I used alternator bracket as ground point

It earths to the inlet though right? I cleaned up all the earth points but still no luck. Just don't understand why it was fine when i fitted the knackered forged engine and know its being funny!

I would also be tracing the injector loom back to the ECU. It's easy to tug on a wire a little bit too hard when removing/fitting engines i suppose. check the fuses and plugs. I hate frustrating problems like this :(

Yeah its a right pain in the bum!

I'll trace everything back next weekend and fingers crossed find the problem!