Sams Starlet Project

Right so today I became a proud Starlet owner with 51,000 miles on the clock, Me and well known user MIKEY4410 went to go view it last night and he was amazed at the condition and told me I'd be an idiot if I didn't buy it for the price it was. The only problem with it being that the fuel pump needs replacing and will need a service as it's been sitting for 4 years.

Here are some pics:

_57.jpg

11111134_10153767863978625_3337493298876

_57%201.jpg

its such a clean car its mad. Theres metal components under the car including the chassis that should be lightly corroded and or rusted and they just are not, things that are painted and or powder coated are still in the same state from factory, really mint and rust free basically. Then theres the mileage on top of that which is extremely low. started first time from cold etc but as sam says it does need a new fuel pump.

its a corker of a starlet and not seen much action at all.

good find !!!!!!

Quality man!!! Whats the plans??? :)

Well I think first is just to get it running and do a service, then move onto handling then I'm hoping for POWERRRRR :D

Sweet purchase dude can't beat a red starlet ;)

I can see another NA sleeper on the way with mikeys mad skills :p

James

Cheers,I think its going to happen too :D

Got a few other photos of the exterior and interior, hoping to peel off the rest of the fairy stickers tomorrow xD and maybe start cleaning up the engine bay :thumbsup:

IMG_2523.jpg

IMG_2522.jpg

Also had a look at the fuel pump and after 4 years of sitting the petrol smelt waaay off with a very corroded looking pump, So with Mikeys advice I've bought a Walbro 255 pump that should arrive midweek and I can finally get it running :)

IMG_2520.jpg

yeah we have organised ordering quite a few bits to get us on the way.

255 lph walbro fuel pump

fuel filter

magnetic sump plug

oil and oil filter (5/40 fully sythentic mobil )

this car will be over maintained im sure , and its being upgraded and modded with the future possibility of turboing if sam has his way :-D

Edited by mikey4410

So the car is running and drives as sweet as it sounds, still got the service to do this week and get the MOT done, removed the bump strips and started to polish some panels but need more time to get it done.

I've been looking at the Polo coilover fitting guide and tempted to go down that route and also doing research getting the Corolla intake and exhaust manifold with a decat and running higher octane fuel with 2deg advanced timing.

I'll try and get some photos up soon :D

• 2 weeks later...