Hey guys. I have just fitted a tial external wastegate today. And for some reason ita not opening. I have been told it has a 0.8 spring in it. But its nearly boosting to 1.9 bar. So at the minute. Im staying out the boost range. I have switched my boost controller to externak wastegate. And all the vacum pipes are on the right way. Anybody have any idea

Renove the vac lines to the EBC and just run a line from the top of the wastegate to the turbo... This will make sure the spring is a 0.8 spring.

Brilliant advice :crazy:

Leave the top port open and run the vac line from the side port on the waste gate, to a boost source ideally your turbo compressor housing. That will then run it off spring pressure. You only use the top port aswell when running with an EBC so don't use it for the moment to rule that out.

Good choice, yeah chance's are it needs set up again

Ok will try this

Brilliant advice  :crazy:

Leave the top port open and run the vac line from the side port on the waste gate, to a boost source ideally your turbo compressor housing. That will then run it off spring pressure. You only use the top port aswell when running with an EBC so don't use it for the moment to rule that out.

Let me know how you get on :)

EDIT - also what tial gate is it a F38 or MV-S gate? As there is a port on the side at the top of the MV-S that isn't the one you want to use. You need to use the lower port near the bottom.

Edited by RobSR

I thought you wanted it to run .8 bar spring pressure lol? If you want your Boost controller fitted right and you have a profec you want the COM port to go to the top of the wastage and the NC port t-pieced into the vac line that runs from the turbo housing to the side port on the waste gate

Edited by RobSR