WILWOOD rotors

so if i send you a disc that works with my GT4 calipers you could make me up a custom disc to suit (and than produce a GT4 disc)

how much would you want for the above?

additionally,

if i buy 2 front wilwood calipers (radial mounted) would you make a bracket to suit an existing discs you already offer with the WMS kits?

Phil

so if i send you a disc that works with my GT4 calipers you could make me up a custom disc to suit (and than produce a GT4 disc)

how much would you want for the above?

additionally,

if i buy 2 front wilwood calipers (radial mounted) would you make a bracket to suit an existing discs you already offer with the WMS kits?

Phil

Q1 - Do you mean ST185 (single or twin pot) calipers? If so then I'd be interested in cases where lots of people are ALREADY USING a given caliper.

Q2 - Afraid not, because people are better off with the full WMS kit. Same goes for supplying discs for that purpose - WMS discs were developed or speced for WMS kits (with a lot of time/money/effort invested in the process). :)

Bottom line I don't mind doing custom discs/rotors to try and help people in the starlet community out who are already running the 3G rotor/bell setup or other commonly fitted OEM calipers.

Cheers!

Q1 - Do you mean ST185 (single or twin pot) calipers? If so then I'd be interested in cases where lots of people are ALREADY USING a given caliper.

Q2 - Afraid not, because people are better off with the full WMS kit. Same goes for supplying discs for that purpose - WMS discs were developed or speced for WMS kits (with a lot of time/money/effort invested in the process). :)

Bottom line I don't mind doing custom discs/rotors to try and help people in the starlet community out who are already running the 3G rotor/bell setup or other commonly fitted OEM calipers.

Cheers!

Darn Lol

well i suppose if you were too kind you'd lost business and thats a livelihood so no issue there.

for me and my hobby the quest continues!

id love you know what car your EBC discs are for, but sure ill get someting worked out when i get some time.

Phil

Darn Lol

well i suppose if you were too kind you'd lost business and thats a livelihood so no issue there.

for me and my hobby the quest continues!

id love you know what car your EBC discs are for, but sure ill get someting worked out when i get some time.

Phil

We don't supply any EBC discs really (although we still list them in the odd place) - we had a fair bit of trouble with QC on them when got them in in the past. Totally mis-matched "pairs" and things like that which didn't impress me at all! Like one disc turned on a lathe but the other finished on a blanchard grinder.....and differing casting thicknesses left/right too so pads will get to temp earlier on one wheel.

I'm sure most are fine but we seemed to get iffy ones!!!

We don't supply any EBC discs really (although we still list them in the odd place) - we had a fair bit of trouble with QC on them when got them in in the past. Totally mis-matched "pairs" and things like that which didn't impress me at all! Like one disc turned on a lathe but the other finished on a blanchard grinder.....and differing casting thicknesses left/right too so pads will get to temp earlier on one wheel.

I'm sure most are fine but we seemed to get iffy ones!!!

thats all good.... but what car are they for? lol

Phil

Sounds about right - most disc brands draw their stock from a wide range of actual manufacturers - Brembo being one of them, often if the discs are large and Italian!

The ID of the blank discs we use are restricted, and in any case nearly all of them are modified in one way or another. :) So when we do supply EBC ones they normally have areas where the plating has gone due to machining!

Sounds about right - most disc brands draw their stock from a wide range of actual manufacturers - Brembo being one of them, often if the discs are large and Italian!

The ID of the blank discs we use are restricted, and in any case nearly all of them are modified in one way or another. :) So when we do supply EBC ones they normally have areas where the plating has gone due to machining!

bummer.

Phil

To get dimensions and return the old ones, about a week.

To make new ones if it goes smoothly, about 2-3 weeks (as my working week is split at the moment). Ideally I'd want to still have an alloy bell at this stage to double check final fit/tolerances and take a few photos - but it's not essential. :)

The "fun" bit is reverse-engineering a worn part, it's far more difficult than a new part!