Oil pressure light

But then there isn't the necessity for high oil pressure since their isn't any load on the engine. Just that sometimes I'll be sat in traffic and the car can sometimes idle at like 800RPM, I'd prefer it to idle a little higher, drive it up the road and it'll be bang on with the idle. I just dab the throttle to keep the rpm's up. I can appreciate low rpm's with load causing lugging, but this isn't the case, this is idle with no load.

Unless even 1000 rpm's is just the right amount of oil pressure for an engine and 700 really does affect the oil pressure that much. I do have an oil pressure gauge, really should plumb it in!

Edited by Calum122

ure light shouldnt be coming on at all idling.

mine idles real low for lots of engine braking and mine sits at 600 rpm and never seen that light at all. theres no nees to up idle speeds to make oil pressure more.thats wierd suggestion.

I would get that gauge sorted ASAP mate see what readings you get, and just hope it's an electrical problem, have you got access to another car for now? In what I learned and read though if everything's right and there is a problem the damage is already done

I am using 5w 40 fully syn oil, on start up mines around 60/70 psi, warmed up idle sits at 20psi at WOT mines up the 60's psi something like that what readings you getting mate