Issue with Adrian Flux. Cancellation Fee

I have had the policy for 22 days and Adrian Flux are trying to charge me £420 to cancel a £1000 policy!!!!Anyone else had this issue? Any ways to get around it as the price seems ridiculous.

Read the fine print on the policy details they sent or emailed you .... If you have gone over the cancellation period I have a feeling you have no choice but to pay it :(

Why not carry on paying it until you get a replacement car?

James

nothings mentioned about extortionate cancellation fees, most companies give you money back lol. I have a replacement car lined up now, leaving the glanza insured is a waste of money ;(

My mum insured wth Flux last year not realising it was a black box policy. As soon as the papers and the black box arrived she phoned up to let them know she wants to cancel the policy. They charged her around £250-300 and there was nothing she could do about it.

Ive found some legislation that says its illegal to make money from a breach of contract by the other party. However they seem to have all the charges explained. Im pretty sure there has to be some information on the cancellation fees

Ask them for a breakdown of the fees they're levying. They're obliged to provide it. I'd then take that to your local citizens advice and ask their opinion,

Also, did they post your policy documents to you? If so, your cooling off period starts from the date you received them which gives you 14 days to cancel with no punitive charges.

ALSO if you paid the premium upfront, the admin fee shouldn't be more than £50 or so as there's no finance agreement in place for them to be losing money on.

They're relying on you not knowing or bothering to fight them on it, so be difficult. Make them work for it :)

Are you paying monthly? because Adrian flux are famous for this, they don't have their own credit facilities so they get another lender to underwrite their policies in full, so in essence you enter a loan agreement with a third party.

they'll make you payback the loan in full as they purchased an entire years insurance on your behalf, minus any refund due, sounds ridiculous I know...

Best way around it is phone them and ask for a written breakdown of all the fees, you're entitled to this so they have No choice, they will then more than likely offer you a reduced payment but persist in asking for the breakdown and eventually they'll waiver most if not all of it,

Hope this helps 👍

They are complete wankers!

I tried to cancel my policy with flux halfway through and they started all that shite with me. I'd paid 6 months of cover and it was only just starting month 5 of the policy and they wanted £120 or something daft off me, I was expecting a small refund. Asked for them to send out a full explanation of why I owed them that because the stupid cunts couldn't actually explain it on the phone. Threatened them with the citizens advice bureau and told them to get fucked and refused to pay it and they eventually dropped it.

Hope it works out for ya dude