for the money i personally wouldnt bother the likely hood is you physically cant feel the difference. same idea when people fit a indcution kit to some cars for a 4-5bhp on a 200 bhp engine and claim its transformed the car. i cant remember where i seen the artical but it was some aussie tunining coming that had basicly used there customers and in house dyno as a data pool and worked out any bhp improvement of under 13% was almost impossible to notice from the drivers seat unless the person was told of the increase so they beleived it was actualy more a plasebo effect making you feel the power because youve been told its quicker.

the engine will in theory rev quicker but id be supirsed if you actualy felt that. i run a lightweight flywheel purely because the orc kits are a "complete kit" and id be talking out my arse if i said i noticed any sort of difference at all in terms of throttle response going from a standard to lightened one.

hey shaun

my buddy has an orc clutch kit...they say its a lightened flywheel, but to me the whole set up felt pretty heavy compared to stock set up

by any chance did you weigh both complete units?

dscf4881.jpg

Resultant crankshaft from a lightened flywheel without properly have the whole engine rebalanced.

12'000 miles into a fresh rebuild the crank snapped due to what was 'suspected' to be a result from the lightened flywheel with no additional work done to the engine to remove the harmonics.

^^^^ orc is not lightweight its heavy duty clutch !!!!

some comments on here ha ha

go on youtube and watch before and after flywheel change you can tell by the sound etc etc

The Orc is a lightweight fly wheel. as all the sites sell the whole range and not a specific model they don't give exact figures for each model but it's ment to be a 20% weight reduction of the flywheel over oem

What comments do you find laughable Collin? Everyone's just sharing there option if you disagree with anyone could always put your argument across why there wrong and open it up for discuss rathan than putting negative comments

You might be able to tell the difference in sound on a video specially showing a change after a flywheel but I doubt anyone could tell the difference in weight of flywheel by just revving a car. I think you have the same chance of guessing if a cars forged or not by licking the wing mirror

I thought the orc flywheel was the same weight from what i read, its just made of a different material...chromoly i believe. Should of just weighed it before it went in!

dscf4881.jpg

Resultant crankshaft from a lightened flywheel without properly have the whole engine rebalanced.

12'000 miles into a fresh rebuild the crank snapped due to what was 'suspected' to be a result from the lightened flywheel with no additional work done to the engine to remove the harmonics.

Was it mapped after the flywheel? As for ORC clutches the flywheel does come lighter. They will make a difference felt the weight between the two.

The Orc is a lightweight fly wheel. as all the sites sell the whole range and not a specific model they don't give exact figures for each model but it's ment to be a 20% weight reduction of the flywheel over oem

What comments do you find laughable Collin? Everyone's just sharing there option if you disagree with anyone could always put your argument across why there wrong and open it up for discuss rathan than putting negative comments

You might be able to tell the difference in sound on a video specially showing a change after a flywheel but I doubt anyone could tell the difference in weight of flywheel by just revving a car. I think you have the same chance of guessing if a cars forged or not by licking the wing mirror

20% is only like 1 kg of standard weight thats fuck al and a bad for comparison im talking about a propper fly ( only ) like fidanza / aasco they offer upto 40% reduction get in 1 of those and you can tell immediately :) :)

will try digging up the comparison vid there is like 1200/1400rpm is climbing diference

Was it mapped after the flywheel? As for ORC clutches the flywheel does come lighter. They will make a difference felt the weight between the two.

I would have thought so. It was for a full blown track car. But the article doesn't say.

This was just an example of what I am concerned about.

I would have thought so. It was for a full blown track car. But the article doesn't say.

This was just an example of what I am concerned about.

That would have been the result of a badly lightened flywheel, not a lightweight one.