I was driving on the motorway 3rd lane doing 120-140kmh and the turbo just stopped working no pressure, no green lights on dash, no noise from the dump valve, no oil leaks or any pipe breaks and waste gate looks ok from what I can see.

Everything else is ok or seems ok.

Has anyone come across this problem before?

What should I be looking for to find out what has gone wrong?

Could something have fallen off the car?

Edited by Countryman

Thanks for the reply

Where would the pipe be located? As I recall on or around the time it stopped working I thought I heard something hit the bottom of the car, like I had gone over something and it bounced and hit under the chassis while I was in 3rd lane M6.

Thanks

Thanks for the reply

Where would the pipe be located? As I recall on or around the time it stopped working I thought I heard something hit the bottom of the car, like I had gone over something and it bounced and hit under the chassis while I was in 3rd lane M6.

Thanks

Lol that could have been an intercooler pipe departing :/

top mount or front mount?

follow the pipes all the way from the air filter to the inlet and try and find something thats missing basically

The clip is still on the pin and I gave the actuator a pull and it seemed fine as the spring is pulling the arm back.

Obviously I haven't actually seen it working so don't know if actuator is working correctly.

If the actuator was faulty what would the car drive like / tell tail signs?

Cheers 👍🏻

Actually i had this once on my TD04 advance, the wastegate in the turbo had stuck open. the actuator was working fine but the penny had somehow just wedged open.

It would drive ok but wouldn't boost at all. it would just sit at 0 on the boost gauge. I jujst wiggled the actuator on the exhaust end a bit and it freed it off. To be sure you could unbolt the exhaust off the turbo and have a look i suppose.

Took it to garage today for mot it flew thru and got them to take a look at turbo, when you take the pipe off the actuator and put your finger on it, it is actually like a vacuum sucking in air when you rev engine.

They pressure tested the actuator and it worked.

I've got it booked in next week where they will remove turbo and check it out.

I've just brought a ct-9 hybrid and intercooler and decat.

Waiting to get a manifold now and then will find out what went wrong with the old turbo when its removed.

Should I wrap the mani when I get it?

It will probably be zisco ss ram horn.

Hope they are good.

Had this last week came of the dual carriage way then went to boost it but only had 0.1 bar of boost showing on the boost gauge turned out it was the intercooler pipe at the bottom drivers side jubilee clip had come lose to look at it the pipe looked fine was only on close inspection try that mate

Today I've been getting a sound coming from engine or gearbox (at) which when accelerating sounds abit like a motor turning like when you run out of water in your wash wipe.

What could it be?

Only happens when accelerating and gets louder as engine warms up.

Turbo has definitely gone but I've not had any of the normal tell tale signs but I'm gonna take off the air intake pipe and take a look to see if I can find anything wrong as up till now haven't found anything to confirm it is the turbo that's blown except for no turbo pressure.