Jlf88's new 'project shed'

Well, after nearly a year out I'm back in the starlet scene. Unfortunately my last attempt ended up in the infamous starlet graveyard.

B9E6AEC7-8F4B-4F0D-AE30-08B180DE93A8_zps

4EAFE99B-0D59-4D67-A5F6-4EA99A0423BA_zps

Inbetween I fancied a break and got a celica gt as a knock around.

2091F782-2488-4BF5-880B-BB379D8D5DF5_zps

But eventually got bored of it and fancied something with a bit more poke. And of course something to mess on with and waste vast amounts of money on.

So at the same point I was getting rid of the celica I found two starlets to choose between. One being a five door gsi, and the other a three door shed.

And as anyone else would, I bought the shed :-) but the prospects for it were greater than the gsi.

So here it is, 'project shed'

B9572A24-D519-4630-858B-D709D5B0429D_zps

F6B4C236-B9A3-45E6-AF7D-B6F68B0163CE_zps

Edited by JLF88

So, being on a budget that week from spending the 'moving house fund', all I've managed to do are these

50D07B42-C7F1-46F4-9006-F7983ABC2B6D_zps

Glanza spoiler and painted the steelies.

But don't worry, just spent lots this morning on 10+ items, so next weeks update will hopefully show a good change. But it's mainly engine mods.

Fingers crossed this one works out.

12994E75-D1D0-4EF2-8709-70BD3D84AD42_zps

Edited by JLF88
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I have fitted wind deflectors, new indicator and tubular intake.

Have spray paint to sort bodywork out, yellow injectors to try, 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, 4a throttle body, rear wiper delete, and a few small bits to do.

Just waiting on tein springs and glanza shocks, and new spark plugs.

And getting some original toyotas alloys today.

Updates with pictures coming soon.

Also have a blitz nur spec back box, not sure if fitting it yet

Edited by JLF88

Well the wheels are on, gsi cluster, oem mudflaps, and clear corners, what a waste of money it was buying that new one. Had a hks mushroom filter but changed it back to the box as lost low end power, and one shock, needing to cut the others off before fitting new ones, manifold is off ready for new one tomorrow, and hopefully gasket for throttle body so can do that and injectors. Plastic strips are off, without snapping any, and rear wiper removed.

I will remember to take pics tomorrow, I promise

• 2 weeks later...

Something a bit different. Only seen one like that so far, was on a glanza in Japan I believe, got the stickers from china.

Got the 4-2-1 manifold on eventually, been a harder job than thought. Blowing slightly from the manifold though so waiting for it to cool down then I'll sand it and bolt it back up. Fingers crossed or it'll be off the road till it's sorted :-(

Edited by JLF88
  • 5 years later...

Well, half a year down the line things went a bit sideways, had to strip and get rid of the old girl, project shed had a lot done to her, but money and loss of my licence forced to her demise, but many people got her organs at good prices (especially looking at today's costs 😱) but, after 5 years of no starlet in my life, and happy riding around on a Honda from, I saw an offer I just couldn't stay away from, and a beautiful base to try and replicate and improve with where project shed was going, the desire to drive near 100hp out of the amazing 4efe she hides, but this time I found a GLS, 5 door so can strap roof bars of her for camping, but oh how I missed driving a starlet, so bye went the grom, and here she is. 

PXL_20210508_193752819.jpg