Hey guys, so the other day I attempted a burnout in my n/a ep91 starlet and blew the diff and snapped the rear gearbox mount, it couldn't handle all 74bhp from the irish model 😂 so I was able to pick up a 4 speed box from a 1.0 litre ep82 starlet for free and was wondering will it fit to the 4efe block and are the mounts different (I know I need the 1.0 litre driveshatfs) thanks for any info on this

Mounts are definitely the same, I checked this morning. . was talking to a mechanic friend and he said that I'll need different hubs as the splines are different on the 1 litre shafts, anyone have any info on this? Thanks!

Edited by epnineone

ha haha your na 4efe is going to be soooooo slow its not suited mate best to stick to a na 5 speed or cynos b box u will regret going 4 speed trust me they suck on a daly

also there is nooooooooooooo way your 75 bhp na blew the box its impossible its probly urselve that did the damage

Well the diff is blown and it's needs a new box, got the four speed for free so it's going in for the time being, I'll most likely be going 4efet in which case if the 4 speed doesn't hold up ill get a 4efte box

thats only in your head mate infact it will be slower u think its faster because you can stay longer in gear it will go of the clock in 3rd

5 speed is always going to be faster because the gearing is closer together

your cruizing speed rpms is going to be higher to now

i drove an ep70 with a 2e engine and 1e 4 speed gear box

it moved off fast...accelerated nicely....BUT then seemed to run out of puff very fast in 4th gear and felt flat at higher rpm....like it was straining

was a blast to drive up to around 140km....lol

maybe some of these boxes have different ratios and final drives??....so it maybe hard to compare

4 speed box is a mistake. I ran 4efe with both 4 and 5 speed na boxes. Then I ran 4efe-t both 4 and 5 speed and the 4 speed kills the power and hits the Rev limiter at not much over 100mph. So it's slower all round