I bought this a couple of months back for my daughter Megan to have for when she takes, and hopefully passes, her driving test.

She's sixteen at the moment, so won't be eligible to drive until November, therefore I thought it would give me plenty of time to get it back on the road for her.

I work as a mechanic and had wanted to do a car for her since she was born

The starlet came up for sale from a lad at work who had turbocharged it, but it had taken a turn for the worse and he had stripped the engine and box out of it. The car was put round the back of work and parts were stripped off it to sell. This was when I bought it and transported it home. I bought a crash damaged starlet (solida model) to use the engine and box and other parts I needed and got started....

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Thanx for the comments. Plans are basically to put her back on the road in time for her 18th.

To be fair, i've got ahead of myself a bit with it, i tend to bob in the garage when the other half is watching eastenders or some other guff and do bits and pieces on her.

I quite enjoy working on her and its nice that i can take my time, instead of rushing like i have to in the day job !!

There's still plenty to do, but the main job of the engine and box are in.

Wheels need a refurb for one, i need to wire in an alarm for her and bits and pieces in the interior.

What i have to keep telling myself is that it's Megan's car and not mine, i got shouted at by my better half for putting the back box on(even though i don't know how loud it's gonna be!) because she doesn't think Megan would like it and that it's not my car :D

I don't get on here much, but i'll try and keep some updates coming and some more pics, thanx :)

Where are you from mate? Im sure she will love it, you love everything about your first car! From the crumbs on the floor to the dog hair on the seats because its yours haha :)

• 1 month later...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Couple of bits and pieces I've done to this lately, bought a radio from a lad at work (although I have to pay him yet ) and fitted it, it was quite a tight fit, don't know if this is usual for these cars ?

Bought the TRD gearknob from a friends cousin and painted the surround pink, she likes pink my daughter !

Cut and fitted a front lip spoiler from a Pug 206, which I don't think looks too bad.

The car had the front windows tinted, so I've had to remove these and sort out the interior light.

Have to thank fiddlersport from off here for some of the parts, including headlight adjuster, rear shelf with speakers, which sound great !!, and the interior light.

The car's up and running now too, thanx to a new battery. I did have a slight problem with it not starting at first, but that turned out to be just an earthing to issue.

Need a few more bits and pieces to finish it, then can hopefully put it on the road for Dad to give it a bit of testing !! :lol:

Cant wait to the see the car in person and to meet megan of course. Its Nice to see another female on here. :-)

I've also had my center console that pink it looks great but very in your face!! Mine it now white .. White on white is becoming the trend ;-)

Few more piccies (who doesn't love piccies ?)

Bought some wheelnuts for the speedlines, bought a new decal for the boot and the obligatory UKSO one for the window and bodged up the rear bumper to stop the exhaust from fouling it.Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Cheers :)

• 2 months later...

Couple of new pics now it's nearly finished.

Just got a tad of welding to do on one of the struts, but of fiddling with the exhaust and an alarm to fit, then it can go for its ticket.

Just in the process of painting the front bumper, couldn't afford a professional job, so I'm winging it with some rattle cans and a large dollop of luck.

To be fair, she'll be a new driver so will no doubt give it a few bumps and scrapes here and there, so I'm not too fussed about the finish, as long as it looks better than it did !

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's her first lesson tomorrow, so hopefully it should be finished just in time for her to pass (fingers crossed) her test.

Thanx.

• 1 month later...

Sorry I've not been on for a while, got busy with Xmas and New year.

Megan's still taking her lessons Flaura, she wasn't 17until late November, but she's doing well thanks.

Car's pretty much finished now, just a few tiny jobs to finish and an alarm to fit.

Hopefully I can drag her along to a show this year(if she passes in time) or next year in it.

Thanks for all the kind comments over the course of the build, I'll try and put a few pics up soon.