Tayyib's Glanza Replica

Small update

A new windscreen was fitted on the weekend as the old one had a stonechip which kept increasing in size.

Tayyib also picked up a GT gearbox last week, ready for the conversion. Couldn't say no to it at £30 :D

The car is now sitting on Glanza alloys because the tyres on the OZs are worn and he is not sure if he wants a new set of wheels or whether he should get some fresh rubber on the OZs.

Also, the exhaust fell off LOL. Its tied on with some old wire at the moment because he doesn't want to spend money on getting it fixed as he will be getting a new exhaust when its 4EFTE'd (This summer all being well)

It's looking like a slag at the moment with the mix and match body parts, can't wait to see what its going to look like in the new colour!

Oh I forgot to mention he is going to try to get insured on the GT once again, if he's successful then we will probably return this to stock and put it up for sale.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

The KYB SR shocks are now on but he only has the rears, after some decent front shocks now.

These badboys also arrived this morning:

DSC00090.jpg

(It's a shame they're not for my own! :rolleyes: )

We have also chosen a colour for the respray but I'll keep my mouth closed a little and let him reveal it if he wants to! :rolleyes:

Anybody recommend some decent pads which won't cost huge bucks?

• 3 weeks later...

my cousin was saying that to me aswell, updates coming soon, keep your eyes peeled on this thread in the coming days.

Also its not graphite either, a different grey with a touch of another colour. lol

this is dolphin grey mate with a touch of candy blue, and mica blue added in to the first coat of lacquer.

probably the best grey i've seen to be honest, not being biased!

also can a mod please delete this thread as im going to make a new one.

• 11 months later...

Nice job Tayyib/Idrees, I'm really liking this car! :thumbsup:

About your numberplate surround, did you connect up the extra reverse lights so they work? If not, has anyone else tried it?

• 1 month later...

noticed i havent updated my build thread on here:

Then began the Respray by the all famous Idrees, my lil bro, as the bodywork was in bad condition and needed some tlc.

DSC00148-2.jpg

DSC00149-1.jpg

DSC00183-1.jpg

DSC00188-1.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

DSC00302.jpg

Idrees

DSC00116-2.jpg

DSC00115-2.jpg

DSC00298-1.jpg

DSC00322-1.jpg

Four days of absolute hard work by Idrees, a couple of mates & myself.

DSC00357.jpg

DSC00369-1.jpg

Carbon lip added:

DSC00431.jpg

Idreesâ??s wheels:

DSC00703-1.jpg

DSC00693.jpg

DSC00690.jpg

DSC00695.jpg

DSC00701.jpg

Sparcoâ??s currently awaiting respray

sparcos.jpg

On the Rollers

DSC01061.jpg

DSC01072.jpg

DSC01295.jpg

DSC01293.jpg

DSC01290.jpg

DSC01289-1.jpg

Currently collecting parts for the turbo conversion, and some good weather for it to be done.

The car is sitting on Koni shocks and springs approx 40mm drop, and also has had a rear disc conversion and running drilled and grooved discs at the front with Glanza callipers.

So far stacked to be fitted:

4E-FTE engine

Glanza Gearbox, shafts and hubs

Cat 1 alarm

Electric mirrors

ECU dash and engine looms

Autofixed FMIC

Nightpager screamer pipe

Blitz BOV

HKS actuator

powerflow stainless exhaust system

SPS Race coated mani

FSE FPR

HKS FCD

Sparco's

SNC00101.jpg

SNC00104.jpg

SNC00103.jpg

i have now fitted the rear optional lip, Carbon Bonnet and the sparco wheels with Yokohama parada tyres.

05-05-2009

Finally. :rockon:

So, yesterday me and my brother (Idrees) were cleaning out the garage and whilst we were at it we decided to fit my FMIC on to the car with the custom brackets etc ready for when I fit the engine and conversion parts. plans were to start in the next month or so.

Anyway, got the bumper off and we both looked at each other asking if we should just whack the engine in now...

And the results are below.

Fmic fitting (we didn't even fit it in the end!)

SDC10220.jpg

A messy garage which got cleaned up very fast once we got excited about the conversion!

SDC10223.jpg

SDC10224.jpg

SDC10227.jpg

The baby FE

SDC10229.jpg

The FTE

SDC10276.jpg

SDC10281.jpg

Glanza dash loom getting in place along with steering column

SDC10329.jpg

As it was sunday/bank holiday monday we had to work with no engine crane..

SDC10291.jpg

SDC10295.jpg

SDC10296.jpg

SDC10303.jpg

SDC10307.jpg

Getting there..

SDC10308.jpg

Two mounts on..

SDC10317.jpg

SDC10320.jpg

SDC10337.jpg

A list of parts/mods.

Glanza engine, gearbox and driveshafts

Glanza engine/dash loom

Power steering conversion using Glanza steering rack and steering wheel

Glanza indicator/wiper stalks, dials and heater controls

Engine fully serviced

Glanza radiator

CT9A turbo with wastegate ported

SPS mild steel manifold

Nightpager decat screamer pipe

HKS actuator

Nology HT leads with earthing points

NGK iridium plugs

Autofixed fmic

Powerflow exhaust system

SARD rising rate fuel pressure regulator

SARD fuel pressure gauge

Blitz supersound bov

HKS fuel cut defencer

Filter relocation kit (custom)

ZEP radiator cap

TRD/Exedi paddle clutch

Thats all i can think of, should be a nice step up from 87bhp!

Filter relocation kit made.

SDC10363.jpg

SDC10370.jpg

FMIC piping taking shape.

SDC10382-1.jpg

SDC10391-1.jpg

Trial fit of the FMIC/bumper. Decided to cut it all out in the end.

SDC10390.jpg

Exhaust fitted. It needs a couple of brackets welding on the front section because it doesn't perfectly match up to the NA.

SDC10419.jpg

SDC10421.jpg

As it now stands:

Well its had about 500 man hours put in to it, basically 3 engines, 2 clutches, wiring loom change over, gearbox removed about 4 times and now its up and running

Hats off to everyone who helped me with this. who are Idrees, 2 of my cousins and a few mates. They saw how angry i was a times towards the car and they helped me to venture on and finish it right till today, and im still going as i know it was worth it.

After hours of swearing, sweat and anger.

The first engine had a valve stuck open. (still to be investigated).

The second engine the bottom end started knocking the day after we got it started up and running, couldn't find the fault in what happened with that.

It was then rebuilt, with the bottom end off the first engine and the head off of the second.

We then found that the car wouldnt engage gear at idle 1st and reverse had to switch the car off just about get it in to gear then start it up. found the TRD clutch was buggered, so it was replaced with a standard one.

Then came along a set of wheels Idrees bought, to spray up and sell, but i gladly took them off his hands.

car went for MOT on tuesday, failed on a few little things, paid the garage to do these little bits as i felt i'd done enough hard work. and it passed. Here's a quick couple of pics, will get more soon and hopefully get the boost creep/fuel cut issue sorted and get a dyno run done before i get a hybrid.

i also have a carbon rear lip to go on.

(((This car is built not bought)))

SDC12008.jpg

SDC12009.jpg

SDC12010.jpg

SDC12011.jpg

This engine went pop about a week and half ago, bought another engine and gearbox, had the majority of work done by my cousin as i'd had enough, still helped just not as much involved.

it now runs right, with no smoke, as some of you saw it pouring out at the hudds meet.

will be buffing it today and will get some more pics up with the carbon lips fitted once the bumpers have had a blowover.

Glad you got there in the end mate :p

I would get it all mapped un and running tidy asap wouldnt want to ruin another engine!!

Those wheels need to go a funky colour :p