Urgent help - Whiteline Rear Adj ARB

Hi,

Not been a member on here long, I'm just finishing off building an EP82 racecar for CTCC and Cannons TinTops - My brother also races one (white and pink starlet EP82) - The one part I'm missing to finish the car and go testing is a whiteline rear ARB - We've run my brothers without one and tbh theres not much point taking the car out the garage without it.

Have a bit of a request for someone to help me out. Not sure if everyone is aware, but Whiteline have had a bit of a quality control problem, because of which a large amount of their products are out of stock in the UK and Worldwide. They aren't expecting to have any ARBs in the country till 1st Sept - by then i'll have missed two race meetings. I've phoned literally EVERY dealer/stockists/breaker in the UK and there are none anywhere - UltraRacing have no stock till sept either.

I wondered if anybody has a car thats sitting around out of use atm or would mind going without a rollbar for a month - to make this worth your while - I'm willing to pay the price of a new bar +£40 (so £200) +postage (if you're not local to me). It would be really helping me out, and with everything to do with racing the sooner the better.

If anyone can help me out best way to get hold of me is on my mobile - 07958704120

I'm trying Whiteline USA/AUS late tonight in the hope that they have one, but its really unlikely and the shipping is going to be expensive so if anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Cheers

Oli

Edited by olidaviesuk

Yeah, found out pretty much everyone gets stock shipped direct to the customer from who makes it/imports it.... They've expecting them in about the same time as whiteline, probably on a ship in the middle of the pacific somewhere.

For track use definitely, really improves the overall handling of the car. It's a careful balance, my brother (and on my car) both use a front bar, but what works well for a racecar doesn't necessarily work well on an occasional trackday car or on the road. For example Tarmac rally cars have very different setups to track cars. It really depends where you use your car most of the time. Just the rear bar will work well and improve your handling regardless.

Tbh the build quality of whiteline isn't the best - H&R / Eibach / Cusco is in a different league, but they are the only people who make an adjustable blade rollbar for the starlet.

No probe on the pics! :)

Mine is more of a fast road car, I dont have any handling upgrades other than a set of BC coilovers.

To be honest I feel the car is at its limit just going around a corner at 60mph so I've bought a anti lift kit and a rear arb so far with plans of getting a trd front arb.

Will this improve the handling and make me have a bit more confidence in the car?

You don't really need an uprated front anti roll bar for the road. makes them understeer abit in slower speed corners. Id only put a thicker one on for a out and out track car.

Edited by RobSR

You don't really need an uprated front anti roll bar for the road. makes them understeer abit in slower speed corners. Id only put a thicker one on for a out and out track car.

I just upgraded the bushes less weight haha I don't rate whiteline either.