If they are leaking, chances are buying new damper will be cheaper than getting them rebuild.

Give BC Racing a ring to see how it goes.

The only thing I would say is if two is leaking, then chances are the other two aren't too far behind.

You need to decide if it is worth throwing money into this used suspension anymore.

That is the risk of buying use suspensions... it is a wear and tear item.

A new set of suspension that carries a warranty may cost more, but they carry a much smaller risk should anything happen.

Good luck.

Jerrick

If they are leaking, chances are buying new damper will be cheaper than getting them rebuild.

Give BC Racing a ring to see how it goes.

The only thing I would say is if two is leaking, then chances are the other two aren't too far behind.

You need to decide if it is worth throwing money into this used suspension anymore.

That is the risk of buying use suspensions... it is a wear and tear item.

A new set of suspension that carries a warranty may cost more, but they carry a much smaller risk should anything happen.

Good luck.

Jerrick

Cheers mate will do that first:)

• 1 year later...

Idrees lol

Sorry of course lol

Can you tell me what the normal spring rate is that you usually sell on a set of BC's ?

And can you order me different spring rates and replacement parts if I needed them?

Phil

Edited by Phil

Tbh 6/5 was good for fast road use would suck up a lot of the holes/bumps &yumps but for a circuit or smooth road going round bends I had issues with the inner rear wheel cocking up at least 8inchs and the wheel diagonally too the inner dive in too much heat build up and loss of traction etc etc

Tbh 6/5 was good for fast road use would suck up a lot of the holes/bumps &yumps but for a circuit or smooth road going round bends I had issues with the inner rear wheel cocking up at least 8inchs and the wheel diagonally too the inner dive in too much heat build up and loss of traction etc etc

Yes thinking of going a little stiffer but nothing too rash as I'd like to do a few Hillclimbs and they are far from smooth over here (we use public roads)

Phil

No tq adjustments in the map if anything I need more tq but the gearboxes tend too disagree with me need a gearbox every outing and I'm not in the mood too get classed as DNF. 4 boxes so far and all with the same symptoms 3rd gear gears clean off

No tq adjustments in the map if anything I need more tq but the gearboxes tend too disagree with me need a gearbox every outing and I'm not in the mood too get classed as DNF. 4 boxes so far and all with the same symptoms 3rd gear gears clean off

Almost sounds like it would be worth your time looking at geting a conversion done to an E series!

Yes same here, 3 boxes this year

Looking to get a box manufactured here in Ireland (probably 5 speed semi helical dog engagement) OR if I could find some info on the Cusco gearset I would consider it.

I've done quite a few events on my latest box without failure and I'm running very heavy gear oil which seems to help

Phil

I'm more interested in custom gearing too suit my needs the picture below is a customers evo

The aim is too keep the car stable and in boost

Look at rev drop between gear changes then add a 40ms gear change and you have a car which drives like a cvt gearbox ;)

41EEFE04-F83E-4B30-B5CC-066F480ED5E1_zps

Circuit and hillclimbs

The above graph is kph equivalent to 130mph top speed

You'd need to know a top speed goal and also know what revs your in boost and you will have almost instant boost in all gear changes

My example above was too show you how much rev drop there is when going up the gears