• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Derek, was good meeting you at the reading jap car meet.

Cars looking awesome mate :p

Haha, ok now i know who you are here. Yea nice to meet you, but we didn't chat for long as we got chuck out the car park, haha!!!

• 3 weeks later...

ROCKER COVER

Today I replaced a painted rocker, which i painted ages ago was waiting for the PVC valve...

So, get everything out of the way for the rocker to come loss. IMG_4236.jpg

After you take those nut off the rocker, u left with this washers, pick them off, them the rocker should come off easily.

IMG_4237.jpg

Use flat head screw driver on all corners, till you see the rocker moving slowly.

IMG_4239.jpg

once its off you will see this

IMG_4243.jpg

Those are the parts may need to be replace, grommet is 90480-18006, PVC vlave as pic, and gasket as pic. not sure what part numbers are for the washers.

IMG_4260.jpg

Put everything back in, done

IMG_4262.jpg

IMG_4270.jpg

IMG_4268.jpg

IMG_4267.jpg

Wahhh...that rocker cover is nice wor...who painted it?

The Artist is ChinaOne, he is a good graffiti Artist.

Pic don't show details, as those are metallic paint.

This might be better detailed

DSC00095.jpg

DSC00105.jpg

• 1 month later...

Meshed turbo...

Got fed up with the flipping EFI pipe, so ripped it off from the bay, and meshed the turbo for now, till my hybrid turns up.

DSC00118.jpg

Also made a heat shield for the mani, it matches the battery cover too.

DSC00115.jpg

DSC00117.jpg

Also an earthing kit was installed.

Got myself a double gauge pillar mount and AFR gauge for the bottom, and Boost gauge on top. As the Sard boost gauge was 60mm i had to make the hole bigger for it to fit.

Also i removed the SAFCII off the top, as I don't need soon for the e-manage to go in.

Shift light stills at the bottom.

Heres a pic before:

DSC00119.jpg

Now:

DSC00127.jpg

remember when i saw this gt at the blue water meet near christmas when i was a newb lol loved the kit on it. like the progress with this. what paint did you use for the rocker cover as i want to do this but i just dont wanna do it and it flake and have to do it again.

remember when i saw this gt at the blue water meet near christmas when i was a newb lol loved the kit on it. like the progress with this. what paint did you use for the rocker cover as i want to do this but i just dont wanna do it and it flake and have to do it again.

I used VHT paint or the base, then some random metalic paint then 2 pack laquer. But i think a good primer for the base will do.

Thanks for the comment by the way.

• 5 months later...

Its been long time, let me back date some stuff:

Just put in those 3G 10 grooved disk and Mintax M1144 brake pads in yesterday, once the pads bedded in, feel so much better than the standard stuff. Along that i have Cusco BMCS and Toms brake hose.

DSC00015.jpg

2 weeks back, my track rod and track rod end came off as i was about to go in 2nd gear, hit a bump on the road, skidded about 10meters with one wheel going the other way.

Found out that the thread was gone on the rod, so had to get new set of them, which need 28mm spanner to do, also had to get the tracking done:

DSC00011-1.jpg

DSC00010-2.jpg

Haven't been updating this thread for long, holidays off work is the only time i can work on the car.

Heres a SV mix stainless mild steel mani fitted today.

Have so much more mods sitting here waiting to be put on, i NEED more time.

IMG_4448.jpg

IMG_4492.jpg

Install this today, took about an hour and half.

DSC00011-2.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

DSC00002-1.jpg

Wired the + onto the 2bd wire on the harness, the green one. And earth to one of the bolt behind the dash.

DSC00010-3.jpg

Speed converter + de-limit, just plug in between the speedo cable and dials.

DSC00005.jpg

DSC00004.jpg

DSC00008.jpg

DSC00009-2.jpg

Finally got hold of this Doobie front, had to spray it myself because it was white when i pick it up. Not a bad job i done, but the lacquer doesn't shine as the other paint work??? Oh when i was fitting it than i found out it was for MK1 bumper, oh well, still got it on, but its abit odd.

IMG_4188.jpg

IMG_4189.jpg

IMG_4196.jpg

Been playing around with photoshop:

IMG_4197copy2.jpg

Nice?

Fitted this a few days back, I can see a big difference with one of those on, when i rev it, the engine only moves a little bit compare to before, you can feel the difference inside the car too. Great stuff.

DSC00160.jpg

And its making my engine bay look even better!!:lol:

Once i get hold of my hybrid...

DSC00150.jpg

• 4 months later...

Had some time over the weekend to spray the livesport spoiler, by the way I've done it matt black, and I'll be spraying my roof ( discoloured badly ) than my bonnet in Matt too.

DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0172.jpg

DSC_0169.jpg

looking great as ever derek.

get some 1inch hubcentric spacers on there and it will look even better mate :)

Thanks G, Those are wrong off sets, already have 4mm spacer on, the paint starting to faking off, looking for some wider rim or deep dish.