Brake pedal going to floor after fitting new rear caliper

Right just took my rear caliper off, new seals and a good clean up, I've put it back on, given every nipple a good bleed and my pedal feels crap, it does stop but it goes to the floor, the only thing I can think is when the brake pipe was off a lot of fluid came out, does it just need more bleeding or is there something I'm missing?

I had the same problem not long ago - bleed it with the car running on idle. but its always best to bleed all 4 together starting from the furthest away from the master cylinder

check the master cylinder in engine bay I did one today the gasket between it and servo was gone pulled it of doubled up gasket small bit of blue sealant back on

bled brakes

rear passenger side 1st

rear driver side 2nd

front passenger side 3rd

front drivers side 4th

got all air out and flushed all new brake fluid through brakes were grand again

I'm thinking it must be the master cylinder there's no air at all coming out the bleed nipples, is there any way of bleeding the master cylinder? When the brake pipe was off the caliper I had a big puddle of fluid on the floor after, think this may have caused my problem, I've been bleeding the calipers in the right order, had it running and not running, tried a Mitty vac, tried putting as much pressure as possible on the pedal.... Still feels the same, just fitted a td04 with a LSD box, last thing I need is shit breaks lol

It was all completely fine till the caliper came off, I've been told maybe that because I attached and tested my handbrake before putting the brake pipe back on the caliper this may have left a pocket of air in the caliper? Has anyone ever heard of this?

Make sure all connections are sealed.

Top up reservoir with fluid.

Get someone to sit in the car and pump the pedal.

Once they have pressure, hold pedal on and crack the furthest away bleed nipple being the n/s/r, fluid will shoot out and pedal will hit the floor.

With pedal still depressed. Tighten bleed nipple to prevent air being drawn back in. Pump again until pressure and hold pedal on...crack nipple.

Repeat this multiple times at every caliper going n/s/r - o/s/r - n/s/f - o/s/f being sure to top up fluid as you go. Until fluid flows from each nipple steadily with no air bubbles.

Once this is done you have a fully bled system with no chance of air.

How many times can you say nipple in one post :D

I had this the first time I ever bled brakes, replacing a caliper actually, turns out the seal in the master cylinder had flipped !

Garage used the pressure bleeders that go on top of the master cylinder and it solved it. Sure Halfords sell em for 50odd quid.

Hope you sort it.

I've got a Mitty vac which sucks out the fluid through the nipple, I've bled it all loads of times now I've lost track, the brakes feel ok but defo not as the were, I'm gonna put a new master cylinder in it and try again, I think I've gone wrong by not clamping the pipe while I took the caliper off, think master cylinder is all it could be, tried everything now