• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Tiny update! I have 2 diy projects on the roll at once, one of them is pretty much complete!

And that would be some homemade (well work made) centre caps for the speedlines!

I grew sick of not having complete alloys, and since we were using polyurethane epoxy resin for the first time at work to make gel domed stickers I thought I'd give it a shot.

So I re-drew the speedline logo using illustrator, then did the usual of printing it out on vinyl and proceeded to use the vinyl cutter to kiss cut the vinyl and weeded out any excess vinyl. Blob the premixed resin in the middle of the stickers and checked it later to top up any bits that had not worked there way towards the edges then left it overnight to set!

Also to end any speculation, I found centre caps on eBay that fit very snug into the speedlines! I also created 2 sets of stickers one at 60mm and one at 58mm just in case, turned out 58mm was a good call as they fit nicely on the caps with no overhanging sticker!

Anyway pictures!

Posted Image

And the final product!

Posted Image

I don't have any pictures fitted yet as I have one centre cap stuck from testing if they fit! XD

But I'll get it out tomorrow at work using very sticky Velcro folded on itself and some pliers :D

So yeah that's the benefits of being a graphic designer and access and the knowledge on how to use large format printers and cutting machines :p

Ah mate they're lovely are you planning to make more? Mine are toast and need replacing, I have the caps though

Well I need to test these out for a while first to see if they'll withstand weather etc.

But if you measure up the sticker part of the speedlines original ones I can try get some done, if they actually last that is!

My boss is a bit funny when it comes to doing personal side work too so I'd have to pay for the resin myself too! So I'd have to charge you a little fee bud. I'll let you know how they hold up anyway

Yeh sure mate I'd never expect them for free, let me know :)

Will do buddy! I haven't actually managed to get the centre caps on yet as the car had to stay in the garage overnight!

Took it in at half 8 yesterday morning as they're a 30 second walk away to investigate why my drivers side rear drum would make a horrible noise when under pressure, they didn't start until half 2 they changed my drum shoes and found the handbrake cable on the drivers side was knackered so therefore whenever the handbrake was engaged it was sticking so the drum shoes were worn down to nothing. So yeah plans for the weekend changed a fair bit but should hopefully have the car back and not feel risky when I'm taking a left turn at speed anymore!

• 4 weeks later...

Looking good Westley did u get the front splitter on?

Not just yet buddy, I made a start on it the other day and got a screw in at each side but I didn't realise how hard plastic the front bumper was and I've been busy with something else before hand which has made getting the splitter on a tad more difficult! Should be on before the weekend though

Thought I'd give this an update since japfest has been and gone! BC racing coils are on, made a deal with walker96 and we spent a few hours swapping over suspension on both my car and his old glanza rep, we didn't do too bad. And Laguna splitter is on too! Here's some pictures from japfest, thanks to JW photos for some great shots too.

1F09117E-0B59-4671-8939-3F45DE361A19.jpg

25351DA4-8A88-4956-935F-623DF9262D1D.jpg

F567E328-AE3B-45E4-BBCA-277F00A44D31.jpg

8F7E48CD-CBF2-49BE-B775-2B18F7BDA4D1.jpg

03F0C12D-E613-42AE-8F50-B23AA6418991.jpg

9E746BD3-878F-44FA-822B-42A65F9DB2A8.jpg

And I've finally decided to replace the alloys, I'll keep them a secret until I actually get them though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Westley

Thanks guys, and no there not walkers A techs :p

And as much as I love speedlines I just fancy something different, I'll be more than likely keeping them anyway as a spare set/winters but honestly these new ones will suit it so well! Just got to save for them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

It really is a lovely colour- have you got spacers on with the speedlines?

Nooooope, no spacers on mine!

Thanks for all the positive comments everyone! As far as the car is at the moment I'm pretty happy with it, I still have a huge list of things to do, but I'm not in any rush to get them on right now!