Yeah it is inside one of the holes where a nut goes, what it is if you look at the stud there's 3 grooves from a drill but only 1/3 of the drill itself the other 2/3 went through the alloy instead, and that part of the alloy is rather thick, the guys who said it is unrepairable are a tyre and alloy refurb/repairing company themselves they've repaired some alloys for me before and I've seen some really bad stuff they've had to repair in the past but they even said it can't be repaired

Edited by Westley
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Whatvare those rainsport 3's like mate as thats what im thinking of getting for mine

To me personally they feel amazing! The last tyres I had one were too big and there reviews/ratings weren't good.

Whereas with the rainsports they grip so much better corners are 100x easier to take and they're just as good in the wet! I'd recommend then tbh

Tiny update

Got a few little bits done recently nothing too major, import plates are on. And yesterday I had a quick journey down I see fiddlersport to pick up some GT seats! Thanks for the service fiddler, great guy!

Managed to get them in last night, they are in the same way everyone gets them in by basically brute force, if I had the time of have tried fitting them properly do the drivers seat slides about but I had a few dilemmas whilst fitting them so once they were in I really couldn't be bothered anymore xD

The seats are very comfy and miles better than the granny spec seats, although I didn't realise how much lower the GT seats actually sit!

Posted Image

Car is beyond filthy...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Didn't get any pictures with the new seats in as it was dark by the time is finished

Thanks bud! Yeah the colour is the best feature by miles! It looks a lot deeper at night time as you'd imagine, even better when it gets some sunlight in it and it's clean though xD

GT seats have always been my choice of seats since day one, Glanza seats look alright but I don't know just really like the style of these! I bet the bucket sits even lower than these then

literally only selling due to finding some 98's at the weekend that completed my 98 interior.

Honestly if I wasn't as tight on cash as I am right now I'd have probably snapped them up straight away :p but I can't atm buddy!

And walker stop being a bad influence all the time xD

No worries mate. Well they're in my garage and £45 delivered so I'll wait a week then put them up for sale

Thanks for the offer bud! Don't save them for me though, put them up for sale whenever :D

Not really an update but my lady friend gave me a valentines present early yesterday, I'd not actually asked for anything but she got me a new backpack, and I'm sure we can all agree these are one of the coolest backpacks ever...

054AD94C-140D-4B7A-9180-BB34931A2CB2.jpg

Going to hopefully book the car in at Cobra exhausts within the next week or so when I decide on a day to have off. To have the custom catback made up to fit the Backbox I bought last year! Can't wait for that!

Edited by Westley
  • 3 weeks later...

Pictureless update!

After a quick trade with Walker, I have made him various custom designed stickers, which I have personally printed, kiss cut and applied onto his car!

And for that he very kindly and generously gave me a wheel stud, his old rocker cover and some CD clocks.

I got around to fitting the clocks today, I was expecting the worse but thought I'd test them out before swapping any wires and amazingly they all worked perfectly! So swapped the odometers over and got everything out back together and after about an hour and a half I had working CD clocks with a Rev gauge finally!

Car goes to cobra next Friday to have a custom made catback made up to the Backbox I purchased months ago... I am excited!

• 2 weeks later...

Crucial update! Car was left with cobra 9am today for the custom made catback exhaust to be made up! They had the car done for 11am and as mine was the only car being worked on when I heard a car start up my eyes lit up!

It sounds amazing! The best part is I can actually manage to drive it quietly but as soon as I put the foot down it comes to life! From what I can see the work is spot on!

Only thing they couldn't do was sort out the dint in the tip but I'm not fussed now it's on! They even fitted it to sit at a slight angle too which is brilliant!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I must say though when it comes to motorway driving and needing to get up hills at 70 it is rather loud xD

And a quick picture as I left it while I spend the night in Leeds!

Posted Image

Also I upgraded the washer jets, I have wanted some that spray as more of a list to cover the windscreen more so after some trial and error I managed to find some on eBay I believe for a Citroen xsara, they aren't perfect fit but they are jammed in and cover the holes fully, I just need to adjust them to spray a little higher and should all be good :D