• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Panard rod will help you out a bit then

I'll get that sorted at some point then.

Today I managed to get the parcel shelf fitted and wired in properly! So happy about it tbh. I popped to maplin picked up some female spade connectors the first pack I picked up were spot on and fit into the prongs in the plug perfectly. Also picked up speaker wire and a soldering iron, the last time I did any soldering was back in school... But I grew up with a computer technician and I've done a fair bit of of building in the past so I'm not completely useless with wiring etc...

So pulled all the old wiring out, it was twisted and taped together, but it's survived so it wasn't all that bad :p

DBAFD091-0DEB-47A8-A451-893468DAD7B7.jpg

got all my wiring ready and soldered up the wires to the loom in the back of the stereo, trailed them down the passenger side all hidden away (passenger side because that's where the side the plug for the parcel shelf speakers was)

Put true spade connectors on the wires with a bit of solder and tape, plugged them into the four prongs as they were colou coded for each side and of course positive and negative.

This was the plug outcome

112D336B-68AE-4C90-BFA1-497B5D21C99E.jpg

18C23E0D-8CE4-47BF-AE91-0007AE76C055.jpg

And tadah! They all work perfectly! Everything's tucked away and I'm happy knowing all the wires are properly attached to one another.

Edited by Westley

Looking good there mate! Big fan of the colour did the inlet manifold make any noticeable difference?

Thank you! Personally I noticed a little difference, nothing mind blowing and it does sound beast when you put your foot down, definitely a worth while purchase

Little but crucial update!

Car now has a brand new Toad Ai606 alarm fitted! It feels good to have remote central again and a super secure car! Oh and it beeps when locking/unlocking. What more could you want?!

Now I can get saving up again and get the to do list further completed!

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhh update!

I have been looking forward to this one! Recently I purchased a Glanza rear bumper from Fordie (thanks to him and his lady) and yesterday I picked the little beauty up from Walker96, with its fresh respray! Thanks for that bud ;)

Got it fitted today after cleaning the car down as I had to drive through a LOT of big puddles to go get the bumper, I also managed to nearly break my alarm and big my car out in a little flood xD but we're all good.

Posted Image

That's doesn't even show how bad it was...

Anyway the goodies!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I absolutely love it! I've been pondering on the spoiler since I got the car and I've wanted to see how it looks with a glanza bumper as I like the tte spoiler with the glanza bumper. And now seeing it, it actually works so much better than I expected it to!

So I think I'm going to keep the GT spoiler on just as its different and get it resprayed and wired up in the future!

Exhaust will be fitted in the new year, so the bumper will be filled out as it should be

Looks so much better mate! Get some side skirts next.;)

Exhaust first mate you know that :p but yeah skirts are on the list :D

Looks good mate... glad your happy with it..

That colour is lovely :)

Thanks bud! I love it! The colour is so deep and nice in person especially when freshly sprayed!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi buddy, only just managed to get on here and have a read through the whole lot. Absolutely love the car, very rare colour and very clean. I'm one of the few fans of the NA rear bumper but I think the glanza rear looks well on yours. Really like the gt spoiler and other than the TTE it's the best I've seen on a starlet.

How much was your alarm and where did you get it from mate?

Hi buddy, only just managed to get on here and have a read through the whole lot. Absolutely love the car, very rare colour and very clean. I'm one of the few fans of the NA rear bumper but I think the glanza rear looks well on yours. Really like the gt spoiler and other than the TTE it's the best I've seen on a starlet.

How much was your alarm and where did you get it from mate?

Ah nice to see you found the thread! Yeah personally the NA bumper just wasn't low enough it say too high and made the rear look much higher than the rest of the car, plus I wasn't much of a fan of the spoiler but I wanted to see it matched with the glanza bumper first as I love the tte matched with a. Glanza rear but this is between tte and glanza and it looks spot on!

The alarm was £220 and it was from http://www.1stcallcarsecurity.co.uk/Car-Security/Car-Alarms-Fitted-Sheffield/TOAD-Ai606-T2-Thatcham-Approved-Category-1-Car-Alarms-Sheffield-Fully-Fitted-Only-£219

Mobil guy who comes out to you and fits it if your within 30 miles of Sheffield. He fitted the same alarm on Walker96's car but he also fitted central locking for him too for £25 a door. Definitely the best purchase I've made so far

Seems like a decent price to be honest. I'm in Lincolnshire/ Andover / Nottingham depending on the weekend so not within 30miles :( will def look into it though but need to sort the problem of my car not stopping first

Never know try ringing him he might come out for abit extra money lol

• 4 weeks later...

Little update!

Collected my new tyres today and got them fitted and had an alignment done today, I have to say it feels and grips 100x better now. Uniroyal rainsports 3's were my choice of tyre.

Now as I was waiting for the work to be done the mechanic shouted me over to show me something which was this...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

After he asked me if I'd had any work done recently it clicked in my head that a wheel but snapped a few months ago and the garage who snapped it said they'd sort it for me, so they drilled it out, hadn't told me that's how they removed it and left my stud looking like that and the same drill marks have been left on one of the threads on my speed line, and they are pretty much 3 big holes, the current mechanic said he couldn't believe they'd done it and not warned me about it as the wheel nut was ruined too, and my speed line is wrecked and Unfixable now :( the garage re-threaded it for me and put a new nut on just so it's secured until I have the money to get either a new speed line or a full new set.

So yeah! New tyres are on but I had the bad news of needing to spend more money on wheels! Hopefully get a new stud from Walker.