HELP GT LOOM INTO 4EFE? 4EFE-T Conversion

Hi as stated in the title I'm looking to wire in a EP82 wiring loom into my EP91 4EFE engine.

I have everything that's needed to turbo my engine. Only thing that is stopping me is the EP82 wiring loom.

If someone has a diagram or a tutorial on how to do this then please share with me, Also any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Not really a gt ecu has the same plugs as a ep91 na Ecu, so technically all he has to do is change a few wires around and use the GT engine loom and ECU.

Edited by lukEp

if he is going for a 4efe turbo an na ecu will be no good as the ecu in an na ecu cant read boost and will slam itself

I never said use the 4EFE ECU I said the GT ECU.

Only the big plug off the GT ECU goes into the engine bay the other smaller one goes to the dash loom so he might have to swap a few pins round in the dash loom and just change the engine loom. Then the GT ECU will just plug in and look factory as there's no splicing needed that way.

In fact I'll even go get my GT ECU plugs that I cut out of a GT Loom and plug them into my 4EFE ECU and I've a 4EFTE Glanza Patch harness that will plug in as well it just won't use one plug.

Edited by lukEp

Three plug harness off a glanza

two plugs underneath big gray is GT Engine plug, small white is actually a Yaris Ecu plug as I couldn't find the GT one but there the same.

20150906_100759_zps9ybcypoa.jpg

plugged in proves a GT LOOM will plug into a Glanza ECU, with a few wires swapped around will run a drive.

20150906_100811_zpskasapnu2.jpg

Glanza Patch harness plugged into a 4EFE Ecu

20150906_100915_zpstpvkxwtv.jpg

GT harness plugged into a 4EFE ECU

20150906_100940_zpsdudeaxzf.jpg

So this proves with a bit of fettling you can actually use any loom to run any ecu/engine, with minimal effort.

I don't have a GT ECU to hand or a Glanza ECU to hand but I'll go fetch them later if you don't believe me.

Edited by lukEp

My point is Colin if he uses the GT engine LOOM which he has, all the necessary wiring for the extra turbo sensors and components will be there and it will just plug in to the GT ecu.

The smaller plug for the dash loom which will also just plug into the GT ECU, has less wires, he might not even have to swap any about, I've never looked into it, but if he does its easier de pinning and swapping a few wires than splicing an entire loom into the NA

Edited by lukEp

I've just compared the GT ECU AND EP91 4efe ECU pin outs and there's one switched battery live missing out from the 4EFE ECU LOOM from pin 1 and the boost control output for the high low solenoid which won't be used anyway. Everything else is there and in the correct place, not exactly rocket science.

20150906_111008_zpswtmn2r4k.jpg

Edited by lukEp

sorry no need to jump down my throat about it I didn't realise the plugs were the same but I still think the wiring is going to be tricky part for the op

for handiness it would be just as easy for him to chuck a glanza wiring loom in and a dash loom job done im not great with wiring my self

Not as simple as just changing looms, would need steering column, stalks, clocks think even the fuel pump wiring is different. My way you don't even have to remove the dash as you can take the engine loom out without removing the dash.

I wasn't jumping down your throat, you were just clearly trying to give someone advice and you don't even know all the facts to give that advice in the first place, that winds me up. Bad advice is worse than no advice IMO, I'm not saying you have gave him bad advice telling him to put a glanza engine and dash loom in but there are easier ways and he clearly asked for advice on a GT loom in a UK starlet as he has all the parts off a GT and I'm assuming he had all the bits off a glanza the question would be different. :)

Now at the end of the day iGilmour will do what he seem best for him if he want to take my advice or yours is up to him.

Edited by lukEp

as you say its up to him which ever advice he chooses to use

im not a genius at wiring I stick to the simple way ive done it beforehand im not saying I don't know anything about wiring but when I comes to swapping wires and adding bits im a bit baffled that's all some people are a bit more gifted when it comes to wiring and can make the unusual happen

Not sure mate, but there will be differences as the Gt has more sensors so if it does you will have to put extra fuses and relays in I'd presume. If you get a full engine bay loom surely it would come with a fuse box that you'd just have to earth to the body and connect it to the battery live lead.

Would make life easy if you could splice a GT ancillary loom into a ep91 n/a fusebox without too much hassle.

When i converted my 85, a GT ancillary loom just plugged straight in.

Then used the spare 85 ancillary loom to convert a GT to N/a.

When i converted a ep91 for a guy i used a full Glanza loom, and was thinking at the time would be less time consuming to just splice in a turbo loom of some sort.