I know it's a 17 year old engine with 125k on the clock but it's burning oil more than i'd expect, was half way at the start of the weekend and I just checked it a minuite ago and it was on empty on the dipstick. Just filled it back up again gonna see how long it lasts this time. Just worried as a mate of mine told me it could be bottom end related so yeah...

Don't know if it's just where the engine is old etc. or something needs fixing

Been using Castrol 10w 40 as i was recommended and was serviced last month.

Any help would be much appreciated guys :)

Edited by GavinsBeard

You made sure it's not leaking dude? My old n/a burnt oil on overrun, that was stem seals, why does your mate think it's bottom end related?

u have a nasty oil leak there is no way it could burn over a liter in just 1 weekend your plugs would just foul on the spot

I'll jack it up later and have a look but there's never any oil or anything on my drive where my cars been, had a bit of a look on google and that and another thing i read it could be the PCV valve?

Worth checking round the rocker cover gasket - mine is seeping by the cambelt cover, goes through loads of oil atm as I haven't gotten round to fitting the replacement! Can tell as there is a load of sludge on the left-hand engine mount.

I'll check round there as well

Cheers for the help lads