Braces on an EP91

Hi All,

with regards to braces and increasing the cars rigidity and handling what braces have you installed and have you noticed much difference?

i was also looking at getting an anit lift kit and maybe poly bushing the other push on the lower arm whilst its off?

at present i have the below

Front upper strut brace

rear strut brace

c piller brace

adjustable pan hard rod

thanks

mitch

The Best Handling Mods you can do on an EP:

Coilover Suspension

Limited Slip Differential

Rear Anti-Roll Bar

In THAT Order.

In terms of bracing. THe front lower arfm bar is ment to be the best one. Issue is, our cars need/have huge exhausts. and clearances can be an issue.

Cheers socks, i already have BC coilovers so im ok in that front!

possibly going to look at a LSD over the winter while the car is off the road as too be honest it does spin quite alot when trying to launch!

Rear anti roll bar i take it that when fitting this you have to do some drilling etc as there is no factory one fitted?

thanks

Mitch

As socks said.

Coils and lsd for me we the best/most noticable.

Good tyres are a must.

RARB is personal preference. I didnt notice mine that much but others swear by it.

FARB I prefer the stock bar with poly bushed D bushes and drop links. I have tried a 24mm whiteline one and i found on the road i was getting more understeer so took it off and put the stock one back on.

The other thing is GEO getting it all setup is also a crucial part, no point having all these bits if none of its been correctly aligned.

Also if theyve not been done in a while new ball joints and track rods to tighten up the steering

Adjustable RARB set to the stiffest setting was a great handling mod on my old GT, took that loose feel away from the back end.

It used to step out cheeky bit of lift-off oversteer :p Depends how much of a hooligan you are i suppose haha.

i think the members have given you some great advice

front strut brace - oem will do

rear strut brace---just about any will do, but if you can find a 3 point one then get it

rear ARB---i have the ultra racing RARB, works quite fine and no drilling/welding required...i think whiteline requires drilling/welding....really helps with making the back of the car feel more sure

front lower arm bar --- i had this on before, felt a bit more sturdy at the front end, but i took it off as it was catching like speed humps and stuff....but would probably be great on a track

good tires and suspension--- any decent adjustable coilovers (dont' go overly hard if its a street car) and as the guy above said, a firm tire-wall to help improve the steering feel and handling

the LSD is not bracing, but will make a noticeable difference as well