>>>>JAE 2008<<<<

Man i had a tiring day!! I thought it was a good day out for a sunday B)

Good to see and have a chat to some of you, Bourkey + Mrs B) , Rob, Geo + mrs, Rick, Ecksjay, MikeyJay + Jo, SiCaln, Woody, starbogt, Alex-D, Streetracer_starlet, JAG, Rich, Stockrod and milloman, was good to see you all ;)

Rubix cube aka Wullie, nice S13 :p was good to see you at JAE and hope your voice comes back lol.

Weather was fantastic!! Very lucky it only rained right at the end when we all left :p

Geo, good convoying with you all the way to Bluewater B) was fun and I think we all went a bit photo mad tonight hahaha. Have a good holiday and speak to ya when ya get back.

Roll on JAE 2009 :D

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow what a weekend. By far the best 525 mile round trip ever. We had the time of our life as did my mrs. It was great to put some more faces to user names again. Some of the motors there were stunning. Well worth it if you ask me!!!!! We went over Snakes Pass one the way back in the dark. It was clear of traffic so i give the new anti roll bar a good test. B).

Also thanks for all the great kind comments on my car. It made all the stress worth every minute. B)

As for my Mrs' entertainment, as usual it's up to her fantastic standard. If it annoyed or offended you then ner ner ;). I've lived with it for 4 and a half years and she still makes me laugh every time!!!! :p

Nice meeting you all and me and Siobhan are really looking forward to next year!!!

Bourkey + Mrs

What a weekend.

For those of you who have said it was a dissapointment, you really have no idea what an experience you missed, as you obviously barely scraped the surface. Yes, the facilities were a bit crap, and there wasn't actually anything happening, but it was ALL about the people there, and making the most of it, which I think every single person who stayed the weekend did.

Absolutely smashing bunch of people, would happily do that all over again without a moments hesitation. Thanks for making it what it was guys, big thanks to rob and geo for sorting out the pitch and other behind the scenes stuff, we did our best to carry on the uksc spirit and make the weekend as good as we could (in all honesty, i wouldn't have changed a thing, everything was great).

We didn't get back to bristol until well gone 2am, even after absolutely smashing it along the m4 (um, wangan?!?!), so even though now i feel like my face has been raped by an aids infested donkey, I can still appreciate what a laugh everyone was over the weekend.

Thanks again guys, hope to see you all again soon, would be a real shame not to.

Ah...you're from Bristol...that explains it B)

Explains what, why we're absolute pricks? If you didn't grasp from the pirate/farmer accents then you should have a talk with Bill, i'm sure he could sort you out with one of his awesome hearing aids (speaking of which, Bill is probably the best person in the world, directing a paraplegic bristolian and fat scottish man through the deepest darkest depths of essex after everyone had abandoned them, instead of just sodding off, mate, absolute legend).

Mate, you should have brought a sleeping bag, you weren't ready for the late night escipades that ensued. My mind cannot even come to terms with it, it really was that awesome.

Was nice to actually have most people show up in one form or another, even if it wasn't for the entire weekend. Made it what it was.

Also, agreed, now denz was far FAR too overused, mainly by myself, but I love it, so bothered ^;

Will pop some up when I have my internet back on at home. I had an absolutely brilliant time and think that the people who thought it was "no good" didnt stay long enough to see what JAE 2008 had to offer.

It was my first ever JAE visit and I have to say I would be more than happy to go again next year. It was amazing seeing all the cars and the evening entertainment was ace! (loved the Oasis tribute band and the funny karaoke B) ).

We also checked out the team tug of war competition which was also ace.

So all in all - completely disagree with those who didnt like it. I had the best time of my life and loved meeting all the funky people on the site (especially had a fab time with Mikey, JAG, Danny G, Andy, Zoe and Lisa!)

Thank you guys for a fab weekend!

@ Ecks and Rick - You have finally met your match. B). I think Siobhan was too much for you in one weekend. I think she had so little time to get to know you she had to squeeze it all into the 2 and half days we were there. Rick had his leg put higher than he ever wants it to ever go. That is pretty much how Siobhan is most of the time.

That Mountain Dew is mint by the way. We stopped off at Sheffield for something to eat and I got a bit droopy. A can of that stuff and I was bouncing.

@ Nightspirit â?? After seeing your car my girlfriend is trying to persuade me to do the trip you did. Would be mint though. Although my car wouldnâ??t be as stripped out as yours.

Bourkey

mikey is awesome. serious, im gutted i live to far from everyone, really is bloody annoying, however i do have tc-dave so i guess that makes up for it ^;

bourkey, mate, that nutter you brought (i've given up trying to pronounce her name, it doesn't work in a bristolian accent) truly is a legend. She was so much the first night that i thought she'd burned out the second night, but from what i heard about what happened, she was just as awesome again. she was very much almost too much to handle, if we weren't such pricks we wouldnt have been able to deal with her, but fortunately we were all having a laugh so just joined in on the prickery B)

mate, i keep remembering what she was like, absolutely insane, i really have no idea how you keep a lid on that, i dont think i saw her sit still once. you sir, have the patience of a saint.

md is tc life blood, i'm having withdrawels from it now after sinking approx 35cans over the weekend.

Interestingly, a decent way of showing how good the stuff is, a can of it is still stuck in my front bumper after driving home. Doesn't seem strange, but considering we were smashing 150mph at 1am (sustained 130mph at times), i really have no idea how its still in there (especially considering its not even 'wedged' in there, if you poke it, it falls out, i think its a magic can).

that weekend was the ubes.

we had alot of fun and alot of laughs. and everyone was mint, even thought you ate all our tc foods on saturday night, pricks.

and bourkey, your missus, pies mate.

shes fucking lush.

the only thing that could have made it better was if the Honeymonster was there. perfect weekend.

Fantastic weekend guys. Was awesome, simple as that

Was great seeing the likes of Harrison (legend) and Rob and Bourkey again, along with meeting plenty of great new people.

Had like, the best time ever ;) B):p

(and yeah Bourkey, your Mrs is proper mental, and remind her me and Rick are NOT cockney, or I'll get mildy annoyed again B))