Been a very long time been looking of another honda for a while being as though i couldn't afford another ef9 i chose to go a cheaper route. So after being let down by one guy i found this 1.4Gl i got a bargain on it tbh £300 default_smile.png and it's manual because i nearly bought an auto but really count be bothered with all the work when i B18 swap it.

Anyway we set off for a 400 mile round trip to go pick it up it wasn't exactly what i expected as the guy said it was in really good condition which it isn't but I've seen a lot worst i'll let the pictures do the talking and update later on.......

Enjoy guys default_smile.png

G0511149%20copy_zpsirdrrnyl.jpg

GOPR1161%20copy%20copy_zpswqq3mrbf.jpg

GOPR1165%20copy_zpsb4ryrqiq.jpg

GOPR11hh66_zpsyjove3uv.jpg

Little update from today i put up a wanted post on a Facebook page saying i needed some 4g civic swap parts and a few people left some comments saying they had what i needed which i was surprised at because the parts are pretty rare nowadays but anyways a lad said he had some VT hubs front and back with 282 discs and calipers upfront and 262 discs and calipers at the rear and the rear also come with energy bushes default_smile.png i got a bargain on them as well ihave a few other parts i still need to get but i have a few things to sort out before then.

Enjoy

IMG_7921_zps1ytehma9.jpg

IMG_7926_zps90dufrta.jpg

thats my bros thinking, had a CRX VT but stacked it so got a white GL like yours and swapped it all over, had it going for a while, but took it off the road to change gearbox and uprate brakes and now has left it so long everything thing else needed replacing but never got around to it.

now he spends most his time removing parts, taking them back to bare metal and coating them in zinc primer. but i swear its been so long the first stuff he did is starting to rust again lol.

hopefully youre a bit more active and get yours done much quicker lol

• 2 weeks later...

Bit of an update for you. I haven't even touched the car since I've had it i haven't had the time plus I'm waiting until the 1st week in December when the car gets it's new home ( Garage) so it can be stored and worked on over the winter. But anyways i made a trip to Reading to pick up some B Series swap mounts for the ec9 and i needed the rear L bracket and the other leg bracket still a lot more updates to come but will be slow until december but keep checking back default_smile.png

IMG_7936_zpstvjdjeg6.jpg

IMG_7939_zps4mhhl1bp.jpg

• 1 month later...

Sorry it's been so long but hope everyone had a nice christmas!!

Update Time *************

Finally my car is in my garage in the dry got it in there at 10.30 this morning so now it's there i can get cracking. Today i started stripping the interior got most the rear out and the roof lining just need the front seats out and door cards then time for the dash to come out ready for it's new loom. I will get rid of the sound deadening and clean the interior up i only took a few photos as i don't have working lights in there at the minute. And the end of the month i'm going to rip the engine out and get the bay ready for the new engine i don't want this to be a long winded project where i clean every bolt and polish everything i just want the running gear in and the body work will come afterwards. Made good progress being as though it's only the first day but ienjoyed working on my car getting back into it default_smile.png

I am also going to start a video blog so bare with me as i edit it default_smile.png

IMG_8040_zpszzcwspmj.jpg

GOPR1369_zpsgcjj9uoc.jpg

GOPR137323_zpsxcwzhzec.jpg

So today i was up early again wanted to get a few bits done but ran into a few complications. I couldn't remove the rear bumper as the old screw bolts underneath were solid with rust and had rounded heads so i just left it till i can use my power tools to get them off.

So i carried on with the interior got the carpet out and some more of the plastics started to look a lot better now and i can see some real progress when i pulled it out the garage just looked so much better and looks like its gunna be a weapon can't wait to get this rest sorted.

CKMYOUUUU_zpsgec8xvg0.jpg

dsfdsfaa_zpsqns89cox.jpg

IMG_8090_zps9yeo8c3u.jpg

Interior%20Shot_zpsknobsf9j.jpg

IMG_8154_zpsptitqswe.jpg

Looks awesome! Wouldn't mind one of these as a daily, although it'd probably be a worse daily than the glanza haha

thanks mate yeh these are nice as a daily if not messed around with but this is far from a daily now ahahaha

This is cool man! Cant wait too see future updates :)

thanks mate these comments keep me motivated got some more updates i'll post later

So Yesterday and today i have been stripping the engine down took the carbs off the dizzy the loom , headlights , M/C and servo basically all thats left is engine and gearbox and few other little bits then the bay is bare ready for paint default_smile.png

GOPR1390_zpsgkn1odrz.jpg

GOPR1416_zpskgp4e0xl.jpg

GOPR1436_zpsyk4zgzkf.jpg

GOPR1437_zps7ifxdnso.jpg

GOPR1430_zpsgxghrr7w.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Over the last few days I've got cracking on the car firstly i started ripping the dash and the looms out forgot how much of a nightmare this job is. Managed to get it all out i have the bolts all over the place so forgot what goes where lol but i'm sure i'll figure out when i get round to it. I've removed one of the fuel lines and i still have to remove the other one when i get underneath the car and today i also removed the sunroof didn't realise how heavy they are default_smile.png all about the weight saving with this car next task will be to undo the engine mounts and drop the engine out and remove all the sound deadening inside the car. Slowly getting there but when i think about it i have so much more to do must keep going default_smile.png

Enjoy

GOPR1447_zpsmxlrryof.jpg

GOPR1451%20copy_zpsudrejxlu.jpg

GOPR1457_zpsznkjir9d.jpg

Great project. Will you be changing to an injection tank if it was a twin carb? I had a 91 crx I vt years ago with only 27k miles when I got it. It was a minter.

thanks dude. yeh will buying an injection tank and putting a b18c4 engine in i miss my ef9 and couldn't afford to get another so i went this route instead its little bit cheaper but will be an animal for track days :) great little cars

Spot on. Great engines though c4's I put one in an eg a couple of years ago. On a dyno day it made 2bhp less than an ek9 with all the jap bolt ons but more torque. The c4 only had a edelbrok inlet mani and decat still on the stock eg 1.5 exhaust and air box.

Spot on. Great engines though c4's I put one in an eg a couple of years ago. On a dyno day it made 2bhp less than an ek9 with all the jap bolt ons but more torque. The c4 only had a edelbrok inlet mani and decat still on the stock eg 1.5 exhaust and air box.

yeh the only reason for the c4 is eventually i will boost it else i would of gone for the b18c type r engine. With this car being so light and me making it even lighter it should fly :)