Matthewep91V - First Glanza v

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But what if you do all this work to it & the money it's going to cost to forge it and you decide to sell up again? Your still only going to get £5 to £6 for it.

Just something to think about.

• 2 months later...

Well it has been a while but I will have a big update coming up!

Long story short, I have had issues with my glanza so it was sent away to the world on tuning developments but now it is coming home after having a sizable amount of money spent on it :( but I am glad it's coming home.

I will update with many many pictures and information and videos.

But the car has actually made more power than it did last time it was at tuning developments

240bhp @1.0 bar

Update soon.......

They will be up soon just gonna sort the update out now.

Feels better and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel as the glanza will be back on Saturday.

Big old thumbs up from me! Looking forward to seeing pictures and more info :)

James

How's the glanza hunt going mate

Update time:

So one day I was driving about and I noticed my car was not happy. It drove horribly and it didn't want to boost so I pulled up and heard some not very nice noises coming from the engine.

So I decided to leave no stone unturned to find out this issue.

First things first drain the oil and pop off the sump to look for any metal shaving but good news there wasn't any so I left that there.

Next the engine was compression tested and the results where not good at all. Extremely low across all 4 of the cylinders.

So just to check the rocker cover was removed and to my surprise the cam shafts where actually finger tight :( which got me worried extremely worried.

At this point I though the best thing to do would be to remove the engine and have a good look round the block and check everything else on the engine. After torquing the cams down the engine was timed up and put back in the car.

And we'll the car would not start at all just wouldn't fire.

20160807_170414_zps2vc7dzpu.jpg broken :'(

So at this point tuning developments was my best option. So the car was sent to Mike and he found many issues with the car.

Intake gasket leaking

Injector wiring was damaged

Injector 1 only worked when it wanted to and the other 3 had their own issues too.

Many many oil leaks

Water pump was leaking

Both auxs belts and timing belt where not in good shape and needed changing

The cam timing was way out

Coolant temp sensor plug was replaced

All these issues have now been fixed by tuning developments and it has had a new gasket kit and the engine has been checked over to make sure there are no other issues. They also compression tested the engine with good results this time 170+ on all 4 cylinders.

Which makes me think it was either a dodge compression tester or the loose cams that where causing the earlier low results on the compression.

So Mike has:

Put in a new set of 430cc injectors and new seals

A full gasket kit

Repaired the injector wiring and put a new plug on the coolant temp sensor

Sorted all of the oil leaks (thank god)

A brand new Toyota water pump

The engine has been timed up correctly with a new timing belt and tensioner kit

Both auxs belts have been replaced and tensioned correctly

I am so glad all these issues have been sorted now. The engine is very healthy and has no more issues woop woop

The proof of this is when it went back on the dyno to check the car is running as it should and produces the power it should.

Which it did!!!!!!!

240bhp @ 1bar

20161012_103835_zpsm6vflycf.jpg

On the up side had one hell of an awsome time at JAE even if my glanza didn't make it. It was awsome to catch up with everyone and have a good time.

Pictures will be on the way soon as the glanza gets home on Saturday.

Baby-faced assassin out!! :)

Edited by Matthewep91v