attn all irish members

right i have just seen this on another site and was wondering if anyone on here knows if its shite or not??

this is just a copy n paste so excuse me if it sounds weird i didnt type it lmao......

Apparently the Irish Government have plans to ban all modifications on cars. It is said to be a part of their Road Health & Safety Campaign. If any car features one or more modifications, it shall not be legal for on-road use (off-road use only, i.e. car events).

Rumour has it that, the remaining Government's of Britain are deciding on whether to apply the thought to other areas of the UK.

Your thoughts... Thumbs up or Thumbs down? (Baring in mind this can include anything from an interior item being replaced to a set of rims).

yeah i heard this a while ago but i also heard that they are not goin to ban modded cars,they are going to make us pay a hefty amount towards a special MOT for modded cars. if this happens my life will be over and there will be some sh*t caused!!

what bout the business guy or the guy who works for the government who has a bmw and doesnt like the wheels so he changes them for different ones?? are they goin to ban his car? i dont think so!

what is their idea of modified?

yeh we are having the same debate on another site.

basically i think it will never be enforced as they will never be able to draw the line on what kind of modification will be banned. like you said what if you dont like the wheels. or you seat becomes to uncomfortable so you get some new ones. surely that is a modification?????//

the will never be able to enforce it. simply eveyone modifys their car to their own likes. my dad didnt like the drive on his audi so he got some new suspension. not because he is a boy racing chav. just because it makes sense . my moms tyres one here fully modified 406 were worn out so she got some 17in black TSW volcano's???????????

i wish this goverment would just leave us peeps who pay their wages the fuck alone grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

load of bollocks.

did a limo come out the factory like that?? hmmmmm i think not.

if they inforce it, can you imagine the public outcry? i know it sounds ott, but it would probably cause more trouble than its worth!!

Rich.

yeah i heard it was health and safety because apparently people who mod carz have the most unsafe cars etc but surely if you mod your car you do it right and take pride in it tinkering about most days with it so should be safer than normal cars and people who dont no how to check oil levels and lights etc(thats unsafe!!???) not fittin a bodykit or exhaust hows that unsafe???? any way surely parking sensors and hands free kits are mods and i bet tony blair has them on his car so his car is illegal too surely if they do bring it in they need to set limits but youll still get round it though some how im sure???!!!!

i think its a bad idea cause if it goes into place i will personnaly kill 3 police offacers! cause there is only 3 in like a 30mile radius so i can still drive about sayin that im not even legal anyway so no... no it wouldnt bother me haha

i have also heard that the Irish Govt are thinkin of this, not that it affects me in the slightest.

And anymore talk of shootin police officers is gonna result in me verbally rippin you limb from limb and makin you look like a complete PRICK infront of everyone on this forum!

Phil.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hahahahaha :lol:

there is a thing thats just come in over here in the uk that if you have a loud exhaust or non standard plates you can get 3 points for each and same for mot if your car is excessivelly noisey it can be an mot failure but thats been around for a while and window tints are bein failed on mots now if excesive

any mods at all is stupid, technically if you change the oil or even put in petrol then you're modifying it.

But if general car running like that is exempt, they'll still kill off millions of businesses, so we'll all have to spend our money on drinking, getting lippy and smashing things up instead as we have nothing better to do.

(yes I'm exaggerating)

any mods at all is stupid, technically if you change the oil or even put in petrol then you're modifying it.

But if general car running like that is exempt, they'll still kill off millions of businesses, so we'll all have to spend our money on drinking, getting lippy and smashing things up instead as we have nothing better to do.

(yes I'm exaggerating)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

nicely said. :lol: