Japfest 2016 Track

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Should be fun if it rains for me on r888r's lol can't be arsed to put my other wheels on just Incase it doesn't

As long as there is no standing water it should be fine lol

Edited by MARC MOSS

First of two posts:

Has anyone got any of their own videos? I unfortunately didn't get to watch any proper track action.

And if anyone has any pics/vids of me please give me a shout

13015614_10156774104455542_6832215423906

Secondly, what a clusterf*ck today's track organisation/mashalling was!

Went out at 10:40 (albeit a few mins late), and halfway round my warm up lap red flagged due to some clown who binned his 350z in the gravel. That was the end of that! I was given a second session to make up for it at 16:20. Cool, I thought.

Go out at 16:20, sighting lap done, onto lap 2 I think it was and another numpty in an MPS3 wipes out his rear bumper on the same corner, but is almost ready to rejoin the track. RED FLAG AGAIN WTF! This time everyone was pissed, and we weren't even allowed to restart our session. Despite this, 3 minutes after we were told to come off track, they send the next session out early?! They could easily have allowed us to go out and at least have 10 or 15 mins.

A good 13 or so of us then went to go and complain, only to be told by security that the briefing centre had shut, TT had all sold out and the admin staff had left the premises, what?!

Went down to race control and a lady called Kat spoke to us saying there were 7 spare sessions she may be able to offer at 17:00. What happened to being sold out? So Kat radio's briefing centre, lo and behold the woman in charge up there is still in the building! After a heated debate with security staff who thought we were heading up to intimidate her, we were allowed up to collect only 5 TT passes left for 17:00. Fortunately I managed to secure one and what do you know, I completed a single track session uninterrupted! Last time I ever book TT at any JF event unless it's OPEN PITLANE like it was at Donington prevously. Honestly so annoyed by these people.

Edited by Amjad

As if you had such bad luck Amjad!

No red flags on the session I was in thankfully!

Really enjoyed it, will upload my on board video at some point today although I did get overtaken by pretty much everything, I am no racing driver, that has become quite clear to me!

Amjad that's rubbish :( I wasn't even on the list for the track time so they added me to the bottom. ours went well only thing i didn't like was being able to over take both side threw me off a few times.

Yeah the both sides rule isn't a good idea on show days, you get people pulling silly moves sometimes! Car looked sweet man, saw you as you were heading on

As if you had such bad luck Amjad!

No red flags on the session I was in thankfully!

Really enjoyed it, will upload my on board video at some point today although I did get overtaken by pretty much everything, I am no racing driver, that has become quite clear to me!

Haha always something, eh! Was good to catch up with you, looking forward to seeing the videos :)

Did feel like a shambles from start to finish with tickets and track sessions etc.

I didn't even make my early morning TT, that 350z was a right mess....front suspension ripped off the lot !!

I was the same session with Akyakapotter. Just tried my best not to get in the way and have fun with a na :p I had nothing to prove and its also my only car which I need to get to work in so just took it easy until in the corners but absolutely loved it!

My sessions were fucking awesome bar the drift car shit that's now all over my tyres, had a hero in a dc2 try way to hard and he span it a treat lol

I have two vids that I will put up later

There's always a hero honda lurking !

Lift off oversteer! XD Someone span out on at brookland the lap after the pce car went in sort off see it with my footage going to hopefully have it up tonight

Edited by *Pete*