TD05 on a 4E any good? Your thoughts please

Ever ridden a two stroke? Same principal really all it's doing its moving the start of the power band ( boost) up the Rev range so if your on boost at 4K for arguments sake hold it at about 3.8-3.9k through the bends and pin it coming out you wouldn't noticed the lag if driven "HARD" to be honest but if you would rather stay off the throttle completely then stay ct9 throttle balance is a mind fu*k to begin with but it will improve lap times a lot if don't correctly.

TF035, I reckon for a track car you don't need much more. We've already seen what happens when you start pushing the envelope, 3rd gear doesn't last very long on track!

Can't wait to get mine up and running

Liam not everyone is hardcore.lol.

I would sort handling out before power man.

Brakes etc before track.

My td05 18g hits 1.5 bar by 4500 rpm.

But my spec is different to most regarding ecu and stuff.

Also your map will make a difference.

A bad map can make any turbo seem laggy..

Theirs so many variables.

If road use td05 is noticably laggy.

But a td04 is best all round turbo for track and road thats fairly cheap

Ever ridden a two stroke? Same principal really all it's doing its moving the start of the power band ( boost) up the Rev range so if your on boost at 4K for arguments sake hold it at about 3.8-3.9k through the bends and pin it coming out you wouldn't noticed the lag if driven "HARD" to be honest but if you would rather stay off the throttle completely then stay ct9 throttle balance is a mind fu*k to begin with but it will improve lap times a lot if don't correctly.

rs250rr still own it now ( 17 years )

Blitz k1 ct9 or TF035 or TD04L nothing bigger for track use imo when I have the 5E built I might use the k1 ct9 I have faith it can pull out 250 at least! Can't go wrong with the other two turbo's though :)

i'd suggest you don't run the any variant of ct9 on a 5e.......td04l at least

i'd suggest you don't run the any variant of ct9 on a 5e.......td04l at least

Yeah it won't be the k1 I'd rather run the TD04 than most others on a 5E can imagine it will pick up nice and strong pull all the to top end what's the most power from a 5E td04L was looking into ct12 but I've heard there not that good...

Yeah it won't be the k1 I'd rather run the TD04 than most others on a 5E can imagine it will pick up nice and strong pull all the to top end what's the most power from a 5E td04L was looking into ct12 but I've heard there not that good...

a stock tdo4l on a 5e is a nice everyday car to drive...i kid you not...very usable power/torque band...the car is very responsive and will pull almost till stock redline....tends to tail off back to around 14/17psi at about 6500rpm i suppose due to the td04l back end i suppose....spool around 2000rpm and should be getting 14++psi at 3000rpm

to be honest...it depends on the set up, tune and even dyno...

generally i'd guess you may get between 225bhp-275bhp based on your local dynos.........where i come from i'd estimate 200-225bhp on the dyno (very low reading one)

but dont stress too much on dyno figures...its really how the car drives....the dyno is just a tool

Edited by gorganl2000