just a cautionary note here for members, especially those who are not so familiar with dynos and see members projects and dyno results

be very careful in comparing dyno numbers...it's really not that simple, they are a lot of variables to consider including the dyno settings, tuners/tuning equipment ability, pump gas quality in different areas, climate, etc...even if assuming relatively similar builds

we have a very wide cross section of people on this forum from very different regions....please don't take dyno numbers as the gospel....they will vary significantly across regions and even within the same area in different tuning shops....so one member's 200whp maybe another member's 250whp with the same or very similar set up.....this is how a lot of confusion starts

i'd give a few examples...i quickly searched the leader board and see td05/vf35/gt28 can make about 300-360bhp and some td04/td04 hybrids making 250-310bhp on average using pump gas..........

while sometimes other members struggle to make 300bhp and 250bhp respectively with the same turbos using similar set ups

where i'm from a td05/gt28rs/vf35/30/28/34 (sized turbo) will net you around 225-250whp on pump gas/meth mix or race gas (maybe around 180-200whp on straight pump gas)........td04/td04 hybrid will net you around 185-210whp on pump/meth or race gas (maybe 160-180whp on straight pump).........because the dyno reportedly reads low, very hot climate, our pump gas quality is reportedly not the best (low octane), etc.....

Please...i'm not saying this to discredit anyone's build/results....i'm just trying to help members keep things in perspective and be open minded

this is why i thought Adamb made a very good point earlier regarding not to get caught up with the numbers

Build the motor for it to perform, not to make numbers. Or you'll end up spending a heap of cash that won't get you no where :thumbsup:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Build the motor for it to perform, not to make numbers. Or you'll end up spending a heap of cash that won't get you no where :thumbsup:

maybe that's the reason we see so many vids of supposedly "1000whp or high powered" machines getting whipped on the track/circuit/strip but much lesser powered cars

maybe that's the reason we see so many vids of supposedly "1000whp or high powered" machines getting whipped on the track/circuit/strip but much lesser powered cars

Also the reason why we see so many people want to be "the best of the best" and have a great spec, get it built a decade later then break the car... 8)