Agree with Phil. Helical is horrible, okay for a road car. If you want something that works proper on track clutch type is miles better.

Had a quaife,and a cusco plate .. But I'll be putting a kazz in mine next 100%

Quaife it by far the best it doesn't make any knocking or banging noises under normal driving or when doing manoeuvres

The quaife also doesn't need any maintenance and always puts the drive to the wheel with most grip

How can any other diff possibly compare?

Edited by neilsmith

Agree with Phil. Helical is horrible, okay for a road car. If you want something that works proper on track clutch type is miles better.

Had a quaife,and a cusco plate .. But I'll be putting a kazz in mine next 100%

Buy mine! :D

Quaife it by far the best it doesn't make any knocking or banging noises under normal driving or when doing manoeuvres

The quaife also doesn't need any maintenance and always puts the drive to the wheel with most grip

How can any other diff possibly compare?

You joking? Internet is hard to decipher sarcasm!

Phil

^this.

Ive had helical, clutch type and locker now. All serve a purpose. Helical seems a soft ramp compared to my clutch type lsd, but that was shimmed up quite agressively.

Personally I agree with stu the most, if your using the car on the road then in my opinion the quaife is the obvious choice but if your on the track a lot then a clutch type diff might be the better option

Neil

Good good :) your making more sense now !!

Phil

I run a trd clutch type and it's very good no knocking with the right oil. When I spoke with zisco they said there preference is clutch type and speaking with the company I used to have my car set up the guy said clutch type is really his preferred on a car. Helical is a lot more user friendly and gives good grip were as the clutch type you will need a lot more driver input but get more out of the LSD. The only negative he had was in an ideal world clutch types are really best suited to equal length driveshafts which the starlet doesn't have.

Yeah, the advantage of the clutch type is that you can set the preload which changes how the lsd engages. My last TRD clutch type was quite aggressive.

I've never had a lsd setup knock before like people mention. Possibly it's how they have been setup

Yeah, the advantage of the clutch type is that you can set the preload which changes how the lsd engages. My last TRD clutch type was quite aggressive.

I've never had a lsd setup knock before like people mention. Possibly it's how they have been setup

Is this a glitch in the matrix lol Edited by glanzanut22