Hi all,

As some of you know my engine is finally here. But as Alex isn't getting one in at the same time as me it will cost quite a bit to put it in. And to be honest i have spent more than enough recently on this so i need to save some pennys somewhere.

I was thinking of doing the swap myself. Im pretty good with tools i i know whats what under the bonnet but is there anything special i may need?

My list of things i need goes like this,

Couple of slaves to help

Engine lift

Tool kit

Couple of days off work

Is there anything else i need to do this? How long will it take? How easy is it? What should i look out for?

Thanks in advance

Bourkey

Its a piece of piss bud, the worst part of the conversion is fitting the wiring loom and remembering to hook all the sensors up.Last thing you want is to forget a sensor in a hard to reach place.So double check all the connections before you fit the rad and intercooler 'because itll make it very tight getting youre hands down there.

But mostly, just slaves to help lower the engine in, without catching the engine bay.

Thanks for all your help guys. Im loooking forward to doing it now. I've rounded up the help as well so it should be reletivly easy to do.

The loom is already on the engine. There is one or two bits that need pluging in but thats it. Also the engine ignition system, coil pack, and MAP sensor came in a condensation proof box so i'll need to put that on aswell.

The only thing i can see me needing is an engine lift, which i'll probably rent for a few days.

Im getting excited now!!!!

Bourkey

Thanks for all your help guys. Im loooking forward to doing it now. I've rounded up the help as well so it should be reletivly easy to do.

The loom is already on the engine. There is one or two bits that need pluging in but thats it. Also the engine ignition system, coil pack, and MAP sensor came in a condensation proof box so i'll need to put that on aswell.

The only thing i can see me needing is an engine lift, which i'll probably rent for a few days.

Im getting excited now!!!!

Bourkey

And an uprated fuel pump for your engine!!!

Got a Walbro if you're interested?

I had Dub Se7en round today with the lad who is buying the other engine and he has made me feel so confident in doing the swap now. It is simply a case of out with the old in with the new. B):(:(

I might be getting it done at the end of the month but we will have to see.

Im so excited about it now. Dub se7en even give us a ride in his beast and even though it wheelspun in the wet weather in went like a rocket!!!!!!

Cheers for your help today Ian

Bourkey

I know they are gonna be the easiest conversions ever. It took me a while to find the guy who built them but after aa lot of searching i stumbled accross him.

My dad was really impressed with your car. He has been going on about it all night. He wants me to get mine to that power aswell. :(:(

Im gonna up the power without a doubt. Im gonna start off with a decat and a mani and abviously an intercooler and a bov. Then i'll just keep getting more and more for it.

Im aiming for where you are now but without the forged bits though. Bit expensive for me at the moment

To be honest i doubt im gonna go nuts on the power. I think i'll stop around 200-220. But if i change my mind i'll obviously get the forged internals. Im gonna get that exhaust in the summer aswell with the Glanza rear bumper. Just wanna get it run before i get a full system.

My dad reckons im gonna end up in a hedge. :(

That is what i said as i've got to drive it gently for a while anyway. It's my first proper fast car i think that is why my dad is saying it.

Compared to all these people running 250+ it aint that big but i guess your right. Dub se7ven's was pretty scary today. I grinning from ear to ear!!!! :(

That is what i said as i've got to drive it gently for a while anyway. It's my first proper fast car i think that is why my dad is saying it.

Compared to all these people running 250+ it aint that big but i guess your right. Dub se7ven's was pretty scary today. I grinning from ear to ear!!!! :)

haha i want a go not i want to see what if feels like

It's mint trust me!!!!

I can't wait for mine now. Just waiting for a new intercooler and a front section from a GT exhaust.

Bourkey

i no how you feel bud, all i need is the gearbox and loom and am be doing myn