Starlet n/a '98 (from Sweden) // Update!

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did a quick photoshop lowering on the car, and also repaint it..

sankt-1.jpg

sankt-gra.jpg

White rims
sankt-gra-vit.jpg

Want the car this low, then it looks god with a nice fitment with the wheels. But I dont want to ride.. To bumpy on the shitty raods here, but.. What you gonna do, right?

Paint it white mate, I couldn't paint my car a different colour if I didn't do it properly.. Engine bay, interior.

Besides, white looks great, do it panda! Ahaha

Yeah I know about the engine bay, but if I keep some white details on the car, ant get some white decals, it would look just fine.

Also thinking about to vinyl one wheel with stickerbomb vinyl, just to make more fun and to disturb people ;) But thats a later question. Need to buy new front brakes first

Did some wheel testing yeasterday, only on the right side of the car, just to see if i needed some spacers or not, but they fits good. The car stands in a uneven ground and my winter tires are still on, on the left side, soo the car looks even higher at this point. But we have decided that we want to try to rebuild some Volkswagen polo 6N coilovers to fit most cuz I want to lower the car more than the lowerings springs lower the car. Measured I need lower the car about 8cm to make it look good with the wheels.. (Hope you understand what writed with my bad english) Pictures below

img-3742.JPG

img-3743.JPG

img-3746.JPG

img-3748.JPG

img-3747.JPG

img-3753.JPG

img-3745.JPG

img-3749.JPG

i have seen more rubber on elastic bands than them tyres, look wrong.

So, like this is my vision of the car right now. But painted bumpers toosankt-gra-sticker-1-jpg.jpg

I like the spots but not the alloys, you have got the rally look going on there but them alloys let it down mate, with them alloys on you have got a euro look and rally car.

I like the spots but not the alloys, you have got the rally look going on there but them alloys let it down mate, with them alloys on you have got a euro look and rally car.

Concerning the tyres, I like it. Love stretched tires. On my 5 earlier cars I have stretch. On the last one I had 18x10,5 wheels with 215/40 tyres.

Link to my swedish page where you can se the most of the cars. Alot are missing, but what to do..

http://www.garaget.org/StaticFreak/cars#old

Well, I have good taste what I think, and this is what Im going for.

Should be higher with some 14's, thick tires and rally mudflaps, gotta adapt it to the country :D

Mudflaps is going on, but next winter :) red ones, have them home alredy :) And then my 13" steel's I have on the car now, but gonna repaint them all black :)

• 4 weeks later...

Finally no more snow for now. Summer is next :)

Big picture update now!

Coilovers are home, red wheel nuts home, painted one wheel for test, painted the Corolla manifold black but not mounted yet. Need to order gaskets for the manifold later this month. Gonna mount a hood scoop on the left side of the hood for the open filter.. No words need to say, pics are comming up now :)

img-3895.JPG

img-3929.JPG

img-3932.JPG

img-3937.JPG

img-3944.JPG

img-3941.JPG

img-3942.JPG

img-3945.JPG

img-3955.JPG

img-3953.JPG

Gonna use this paint for the wheels a few month, maybe I will repaint them blue later in summer.
Hood scoop and gaskets for the manifold orders later this month..

See ya

• 3 weeks later...

Not much to update, have broken a rib soo I can't move so much. But.
I have ordered some things and I think they are home next week.

New gaskets for the Corolla manifold. C pillar brace bar. And new brakes to the front.
The Corolla manifold Im gonna mount next week when I got the gaskets. Also the brace bar, gonna paint the bar the same colors as the wheels. And the braks I will mount at the same time as the coilovers.

I also gonna mount a rear jap exhaust and a airintake on the hood for the open air filter, so it got direct cold air.

1.jpg

img-4118.JPG

img-4119.JPG

img-4095.JPG

Two left to paint!
img-4114.JPG

img-4107.JPG

img-4108.JPG

More updates follows next week or so

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! :) Now is the car on the planet with coilovers mounted. For you who don't know what coilovers it is, they are from Ta Technix and to fit Volkswagen golf Mk1 at the rear and Mk2 in the front.

No helped spring are on now, and I have maybe 7-8cm to the ground on tje lowest point under the car, and thats the exhaust.

The wheels are on too, and a new exhaust mounted at the rear

Some pics are following!

img-4216.JPG

img-4236.JPG

img-4235.JPG

img-4234.JPG

fullsizerender.jpg

Did some hight adjust at hhe front today, and now it works just fine :)
Have about 3cm to the grond from the exhaust - lowest point on the car.
Its not that stiff as it was before, little soft but not to much

img-4258.JPG

img-4259.JPG

Good job mate like the colour of the wheels as well

Thank you. More mint green to the world ;)

Certainly is different :)

Thats me, haha. Why be like everyone els? ;)

Looking good! Those tires though! Be careful xD

What do you mean? Nothing special with the tires :) If you mean the stretch?