Here's why you shouldn't buy Toyosports manifolds

Not true

Plus any mani will break eventually no matter what its made of......

Agreed. Saying all ss manis are pants is absolute garbage lol.

Laws of physics would beg to differ

Exactly what i was thinking. If you want to be literal all manis will break at some point its just a case of do they outlive their usefullness.

i too would buy a properly built mild steel manifold for my own purposes....its relatively cheaper than SS and will last long

however, i can't discredit a properly built SS manifold either...'ve seen some that are quite incredible and durable,,,but they come with the matching price tag

i too would buy a properly built mild steel manifold for my own purposes....its relatively cheaper than SS and will last long

however, i can't discredit a properly built SS manifold either...'ve seen some that are quite incredible and durable,,,but they come with the matching price tag

Yeah dude exactly, i prefer to run a mild steel mani but i do love a decent mild steel mani, like this!

(Mark@CMB autos GT)

newmanifoldetc009.jpg

yeah...that certainly looks the part daniel-g....but as we said before, not many ep owners will want to pay for such an item when the funds could be used for other mods, as well as bearing the overall value of the ep82/91 in mind

i've seen some evo ones that look like they should be on a display cabinet lol....i guess there is a bigger market for that kind of stuff for evo, sti, honda, supra, gtr, etc

Some stock cast manis are very strong and when I boost the SR I'll just get a stock ct9 manifold and get it gas flowed like I did with the stock gt4 manifold. I know the stock ones are no good for people wanting to upgrade turbos but if you're staying ct9 I'd keep the cast one :)

The likes of Fensport and Merlin who were running high powered 3sgte's used cast Corolla wrc manifolds because they were the only things that wouldn't brake

Edited by Pikey009

I'm literally going to run stock Glanza power if I end up turboing the car- no need for me to push it further might not bother getting it flowed :) allows me to use the Glanza heat shield to hide the turbo aswell :) the only give away would be black intercooler pipework

But I guess for anyone wanting to run a lot of power through a ct9 then stock isn't the way to go

Edited by Pikey009

Some stock cast manis are very strong and when I boost the SR I'll just get a stock ct9 manifold and get it gas flowed like I did with the stock gt4 manifold. I know the stock ones are no good for people wanting to upgrade turbos but if you're staying ct9 I'd keep the cast one :)

The likes of Fensport and Merlin who were running high powered 3sgte's used cast Corolla wrc manifolds because they were the only things that wouldn't brake

i agree with stu

even for a stock ct9 set up the stock cast mani is crap....i'd suggest you get a cheap used good quality mani from in the sales section or ebay or somewhere---(definitely not any of those cheap shiny ones that crack --u can do a search on here and see)

even with a stcok set up...a decent mani can free up some horse power and you engine will thank you for it by extended life

i agree with stu

even for a stock ct9 set up the stock cast mani is crap....i'd suggest you get a cheap used good quality mani from in the sales section or ebay or somewhere---(definitely not any of those cheap shiny ones that crack --u can do a search on here and see)

even with a stcok set up...a decent mani can free up some horse power and you engine will thank you for it by extended life

THIS

If you are determined to use a cast mani, then search the globe for a JAM one.

My aim isn't to run loads of power, when i boost the SR even a bone stock set up from a Glanza will nearly double my power and torque. Maybe not the best for people wanting to run more power but for me it's perfect. Yeh there's no way I'd touch any eBay specials or even many of the 'top' branded ones as they all just seem to fail.