Jump to content

Silver SR restoracing project


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

42 minutes ago, Pikey009 said:

Stevie, what did you use to seal your sump? I’m picking my GT up next sat and it needs re-sealing 

Elring dirko s ht they sell it at euro  car parts

Edited by stevie82
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2020 at 9:31 AM, stevie82 said:

Right first time mate I’m a fitter ! Didn’t need to pull it out as it’s so soft it just plenished out the bench just happened to be under the ramp😂

Hahaha brilliant mate. Yeah I was thinking they're so soft you wouldnt need to tug it. My scooby rear end popped out with a block of wood and sledgehammer. Soft like paper these jap cars. Just seen the turbo setup looks noice.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Michaelh said:

Hi, have you forged the internals or just stock.

No all stock internals and no plans to forge it atm, kind of a budget turbo conversion will be good to run half a bar of boost on a stock motor 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Zemerz said:

Hahaha brilliant mate. Yeah I was thinking they're so soft you wouldnt need to tug it. My scooby rear end popped out with a block of wood and sledgehammer. Soft like paper these jap cars. Just seen the turbo setup looks noice.

Cheers man !

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Top work stevie82, she looks tidy 👍

Bit odd for me, just joined the ukso and this is almost exactly the same build/resto as I had pictured in my head, even down to the caliper/rocker colours 🤯

Burty, need turboooooooooooo! Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 months later...

Not updated for a while unfortunately as I’ve been busy with the boxster, but dug it out of the unit today and finished the intercooler pipe work which I’m not chuffed with so I’ve ordered some more 🤦‍♂️. Gave it a bath too, still some more engine bay work to do and still on the look out for an emb if anyone’s got one ? Here’s how she stands atm6DA6218D-F74C-4F66-9511-4495DE9C0E04.thumb.jpeg.33d61246d5eb67468cc07bb824ec59cc.jpeg 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sam44 said:

fantastic work. 

really is looking very nice. 

is the ct9 a ct9a or ct9b?.

this is going to spool up so fast. 

It’s just the old ct9 from my glanza and yeah I’m hoping for a decent spool time as it’s going to be used for time attack 😀

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, stevie82 said:

It’s just the old ct9 from my glanza and yeah I’m hoping for a decent spool time as it’s going to be used for time attack 😀

the glanza ct9 unit is the harder hitting ct9b. 

this is a great combo. really impressive tune. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Quick update, decided to redo the intercooler pipework as I wasn’t happy with how it looked so waiting for pipes from auto silicone hoses. Also gone for a dual core alloy radiator so waiting for brackets to arrive from jd tuning. I had some timing belt cover “4efe” replica stickers made up and have one spare if anyone wants it fire me a pm and I’ll post it out foc of course.B7F68A5C-FD1A-4874-B654-612C655B2AA9.thumb.jpeg.ca0445d52dabba95c21a69ce75883bb3.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Managed to get a couple of hours in on the sr today, trimmed the front under trays and front dirt guards to fit around the intercooler pipework. Fitted a catch can, made a bracket to fix the relocated header tank. Also managed to nip over and see mike at td and came away with an adjustable actuator and new seals for the glanza injectors. Last piece of the puzzle now is a standard glanza map sensor then it’s going to td for emanage to be fitted and mapped!

3CCF3D16-297B-4788-8BBD-D58AD57C3AC9.thumb.jpeg.94e693228462a14e15a3eee6e9ad6b3a.jpegEE1B685C-E640-4801-AB4B-B3F713283EC0.thumb.jpeg.748012a5bc9b5a0f50194608b631ac81.jpeg116F9093-EC80-4D74-8241-7902E5FC43F4.thumb.jpeg.9fd246941942fc9dd8c107b031b1bf3b.jpeg094C66C8-A602-46FA-9F72-3B9B2095DA81.thumb.jpeg.da8b0b9d68b6c3467d05b8badf3fffc6.jpeg85695073-4AB1-4DF7-8AD7-B43AAB35B2C9.thumb.jpeg.1681c6d630500090f3d39218c9e8145f.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, stevie82 said:

Managed to get a couple of hours in on the sr today, trimmed the front under trays and front dirt guards to fit around the intercooler pipework. Fitted a catch can, made a bracket to fix the relocated header tank. Also managed to nip over and see mike at td and came away with an adjustable actuator and new seals for the glanza injectors. Last piece of the puzzle now is a standard glanza map sensor then it’s going to td for emanage to be fitted and mapped!

3CCF3D16-297B-4788-8BBD-D58AD57C3AC9.thumb.jpeg.94e693228462a14e15a3eee6e9ad6b3a.jpegEE1B685C-E640-4801-AB4B-B3F713283EC0.thumb.jpeg.748012a5bc9b5a0f50194608b631ac81.jpeg116F9093-EC80-4D74-8241-7902E5FC43F4.thumb.jpeg.9fd246941942fc9dd8c107b031b1bf3b.jpeg094C66C8-A602-46FA-9F72-3B9B2095DA81.thumb.jpeg.da8b0b9d68b6c3467d05b8badf3fffc6.jpeg85695073-4AB1-4DF7-8AD7-B43AAB35B2C9.thumb.jpeg.1681c6d630500090f3d39218c9e8145f.jpeg

really looking forward to see the results at TD on this intercooler installation looks really tidy 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...