Screamer sending exhaust fumes into the cabin

I do love the sound of the screamer but that will be the final option if I can't sort it out another way.

The main reason I went external is because of boost creep, the internal is welded up now lol so too late to go back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah because sitting behind my car in a separate car is as bad as the screamer coming in my cabin ahahaha

Thinking about routing the screamer somewhere but with the rad hoses where can it go? I drive it fast too much to 'just open a window' I had the window open when it made my light headed lol!

Well yeh it is lol

On a serious note since youve struggled for one of those.

If the end of your screamer sits at the bottom of your gearbox like Zisco ones then there should be a small tip that can be unbolted. Make sure nothing is in the way and have a slightly longer piece welded on.

All you have to achieve is to get it underneath the car beyond the bulkhead the wind will do the rest. You just might get some coming in your window when you sit in traffic.

I have mine routed back into my de-cat.

Yeah it's a wepr kit, pretty sure it's comes out about the same place as a zisco, I have added a bit at the bottom of the screamer, mostly because it was scorching the rad slightly, I'll buy some more stainless and see what I can do to get it closer to the ground

Couldn't care less if anyone thinks I'm a moody fucker, still doesn't make your bullshit any more useful

Edited by dan106

😂 what im trying to say is any gas that comes out in front of you is likely to go into the cabin wether. If its a car in front or leaking in your bay. Pointing it at the floor will have little effect. Hot air rises and then you are driving through it. Best bet would be to point it out the side somewhere or route back ino exhaust

To be honest were ever you move it to within your engine bay will make no difference its still going to smell unless you do an bonnet exit side exit or bring it all the way under your gear box were only trying to give you advise...

Make sure your cabin is sealed.. There are a lot of holes in the floor and bulkhead that might not be sealed, either the rubber grommets were removed, and not replace or have just seen better days.

Actually that's a good point, the previous owner installed the sub, that's probably gonna be my problem, the previous owners wiring skills were that of a 5 year old

The smell I'm not bothered about its the poisoning I'm worried about ahaha

By the time the exhaust gases have reached another car they've easily dissipated enough to not smell it.

And if that's the case how are other people not getting exhaust gases in the cabin with screamers yet I am?

Edited by dan106

what im trying to say is any gas that comes out in front of you is likely to go into the cabin wether. If its a car in front or leaking in your bay. Pointing it at the floor will have little effect. Hot air rises and then you are driving through it. Best bet would be to point it out the side somewhere or route back ino exhaust

Just do what I said then. Run it under the engine and as long as you clear the bulkhead the wind will take it out the back.

Will only be an issue when sitting in traffic that way.

Actually that's a good point, the previous owner installed the sub, that's probably gonna be my problem, the previous owners wiring skills were that of a 5 year old The smell I'm not bothered about its the poisoning I'm worried about ahaha By the time the exhaust gases have reached another car they've easily dissipated enough to not smell it. And if that's the case how are other people not getting exhaust gases in the cabin with screamers yet I am? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Takes alot to get carbon monoxide poisoning mate you would need to pass out with the fumes before that happened.

That said I will guarantee your issue is the missing grommet if you removed your AC.

I have removed the a/c but the pipes and grommet are still in the bulkhead/behind the dash, but I'd like to know the part number for when I do take them out!