• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

19042008199.jpg

19042008200.jpg

OK to update on the latest work done to my car. Finally got some colour coded mirrors with thanks to steviet. Love the way they look and without revealing too much there are more plans afoot. Although one question I will pose is whether green lighting in the car would ruin everything? I have some green LED strips for the footwells and am considering keeping the green going with some speaker rings for the boot but unsure on the idea atm. Opinions please and Ill see what way it swings.

he never said neons, he said lighting IN the car!! do it man, i changed all my lights to blue inside the car!!! its a sea of blue in mine!!!!

extrerior neons tho.....i'd stay away tbh, i know i fancied them at a stage years ago, because if hiden away they wouldnt look too bad, they ust have a bad rep, interior yeah go for it, exterior i wouldnt bother tbh man.

Phil.

Yea lets get it clear there will NEVER be any exterior neons! I am not a chav let me categorically state that lol. I mean interior nothing over the top but just a little bit of green in the footwells and maybe a green glow behind the dials. not on the outside that would look hideous lol.

@4EFTE lol although I have passed my test lol. The L plates were before I had passed but over here we have to display an R for a year and were restricted to 45mph in theory. Just a way to control young drivers over here. I passed my test on October 8th so still a while to go on the R's lol

I mean interior nothing over the top but just a little bit of green in the footwells and maybe a green glow behind the dials.

I swear my dials glow green?

What colour are urs?

dear god that would look hideous lol. I love my rims and noone gets near them lol especially not with that sort of thing. Probably going to paint the calipers and drums though. The R stands for Restricted unfortunately. Although in practice 85mph just 'testing' third gear isnt too restricted lol but we shouldnt talk about that lol. And Im from the almighty Northern Ireland

Found a couple of pics of the audio I forgot to put in last time so here they are.

20042008201.jpg

Fisrt are the tweeters installed in the a pillars and finished over in alcantara. Which justifies why I didnt do the install myself lol.

20042008202.jpg

And for anyone whos interested this ids the head unit I went for. Cant remember the model code but its the latest Kenwood USB ... and apologies for the state of my car mats, the white tack underneath it and the chewing gum packet ... and probably fairly soon Ill be apologising for the gear knob as well lol

@ Sparky theres a picture of them earlier on in the topic but heres another to remind you lol

25082007027.jpg

The best thing is I was driving around with those in when I had L plates on the car lol. Details is youre interested theyre made of I think MDF and covered over in Alcantara again since it was the closest match to the existing fabric, and it has removed my door pocket but thats what a glove box is for lol. I never used them anyway lol. And the components are Focal 165-A 6.5" and the sound out of them is incredible. And the small black knob to the right of my keys is the bass control for the sub which was handily wired in so I can basically turn the subs right down without having to go to the amp and twiddle lol.

ohh my god!! where did you get the pillars from?

They were done by audio advice as well lol. Hence why I didnt have a go at installing the stuff. Cost a bit more but I reckon it was well worth it. Not entirely sure how they did the pillars though never asked about them lol.