Not too sure to be honest. All I know is they covered it over with Alcantara. My best guess is fiberglass but thats only a guess. The shape makes me doubt MDF but that was my first thoughts. They arent too much fatter not noticeably in my opinion although I guess even if they are I'm fairly well used to it now that I dont really notice lol. And thank you very much. May well be some more touches coming but they are pending atm due to legal issues lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK latest update. Due to some issues with the head unit I had put in it had to be replaced. So I managed to blag an upgrade for free! Went for the next model up. Again thanks go to the wonderful people at Audio Advice again. Advantages of this head unit are an extra control on the subwoofer level from the unit, a flip down screen to reveal the CD unit, and also the USB connection is now concealed within the glovebox.

14052008215.jpg

14052008217.jpg

• 2 months later...

Apologies for my absence. Finally got my lazy ass a job so might actually have some money to spend on her now lol. Finally got the alarm fitted been waiting months with it ready to go. Its loud and scares the crap out of people so it does the job well. Apart from that no further updates still got a rear boot lid with a spoiler fitted to go on but no time at present and still donsidering some green interior lighting along with neon speaker rings but those wont be in til I get paid lol.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Doubt the law would be very happy but my mate had one and didnt get much trouble with it B)

PS Just setting up a south wales meet in the meets section if your up for it :( (in four weeks time) :)

Love the shameless plug there but Im in Northern Ireland that would be some trek for me lol.

Thats what Ive been hearing that technically they arent legal but my plates arent legal so they might pull me on both.

'Illegal officer? :) Oh dear look its tilted by accident *Tilt up at roadside* Better?' Is always an option haha

Were you at Kirky mate?

Thats awesome. Hope to get up there someday when my build is ready.

Respect man, how was it?

Joz

Yea unfortunately was the track day after we had a mini meet there. Tbh was embarassing since I got raped having a standard 1.3 on ropey, fairly low profile tires. Did a respectable job for a 1.3 though managed to keep ahead of a stripped out race style chevette for 3 or 4 laps on the full circuit so cant really complain. Was clearly doing something right in the corners haha. Nothing scarier than the moment in one of the videos where I realise Im doing 95mph round Debtors Dip on a drying track lol.

Haha main thing is you had a fun day man and went home in one piece, they were good vids and allow me to study the track :(:)

Will you be up for a track day meet in the near future?

Could be a couple of months or so. Hopefully we can get Jay down there.

Whats your name by the way, cant keep calling you cheezeit lol.

Talk soon

Joz

Yea and the second right hander (Fishermans) is not normally that slippery! The oversteer moment was awesome :)

Of course! Always when Im not working which is three of every four sundays but of course that will end up being when the track days are going to be on of course haha. Wont be taking her out again though. Once I get the audio install back in.......................... *hint hint*

And its Phil lol (dont ask how the name came about its a long and less funny than originally story as usual)

Makes me feel like a proper driver lol. Someone actually taking tips from my driving.

Although have been on that track since I was 15 so I should be good on it by now. Thats actually where I learned to drive rather than the road like most normal people.

Its 1.75" Phil.

Make sure you dont go to powerflow as pipe bent systems are for the loss, in fact any pipe bending exhaust place is no good, mandrel bent is what you want.

Do you have msn?

Talk soon

Joz