• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have a look on ebay mate, look for corollas breaking for spares or something like that, that's how I got mine and only ended up paying £25 including delivery. :lol:

Also if you want to go that little bit extra I recommend replacing the airbox with an open filter, the only thing is the results from it will vary depending on how it is set up and things like that.

As for the GT seats - how hard were they to fit?

Problem I see with the air filter is actual air flow to it. The air pipe isnt going to do the job and the standard position isnt right. I would need to pipe it to the front of the car and I need time to get that sorted lol.

The seats werent too bad. Ask Jay since he did th drivers one. A little bit of bodging was required and there was a little had to be grinded off theseat originally but not bad once that was done.

Right people need some thoughts here. Can either go and get a new exhaust for the car. Full system stainless steel and probably a corolla manifold, or the better option which is to get a full respray done on the car. This is kind of nedded since there is a dent in the drivers door and a large chunk out of the bar below the door on the passenger side, also the laquer is peeling at the top of the passenger door. Plan would be full respray so would mean the grill can be de slatted and then filled and sprayed if required, and to be honest the rear bumper is in a bit of a state and so is the bonnet.

Which would be a better idea?

I've been following this with interest! It's very similar to what I've done to my SR! Did the boss fit OK? i have the same one and I can't get a whole nut's worth of thread on the centre nut and I can't get the horn to work!

What make strut braces did you fit?

sorry to ramble, looks good mate... whats next?

@ Joz not sure yet have my dad looking into it since the guy to do the spray is a family friend.

@TSP havent tried to fit the boss just yet still waiting to get a wheel before I go that way so not sure about the niggles of it. The strut braces are just cheap ones off ebay some guy in Hong King sells them decent price. Paid £108 with both delivered. And plans for next are under wraps at the moment mainly because theres quite a few things to be done which may or may not happen haha

@ Joz not sure yet have my dad looking into it since the guy to do the spray is a family friend.

@TSP havent tried to fit the boss just yet still waiting to get a wheel before I go that way so not sure about the niggles of it. The strut braces are just cheap ones off ebay some guy in Hong King sells them decent price. Paid £108 with both delivered. And plans for next are under wraps at the moment mainly because theres quite a few things to be done which may or may not happen haha

nice one mate, I've looked at those strut braces before now but not been so sure... I may just take the plunge now!

They look the part which is the important thing, theyre adjustable and fairly easy to fit which is also a plus. One of the bolts on my struts was cross threaded though :blink: so theyre just bolted on top of the original bolts. Means it clears the filter at the back of the engine bay better though :(

Joz mate the guy I was going to get to spray it is being a bit of a twat. Any ideas where is good to go in this country for a proper spray job at a good price? And Nangle if you read this give me a shout as to where you went cause that paint job is awesome!

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately it looks like the starlet is no more B)

Have gotten me a new car though B)

Wont be leaving you guys since I will get me a Glanza or a GT in the future but for now the new car is in. Will make a post in other rides for anyone who wants to see what I went and bought B)

• 3 weeks later...