Euro road trip in a glanza?

So I'm thinking about going on a road trip around Europe this summer, from the uk down to Italy the Germany Netherlands etc. Probably be covering around 2500miles or over! Just wondering if anyone has done anything similar in there starlet? (Mine will be running a TF035 at about 220bhp hopefully). Worried about things like breaking down somewhere random in Europe haha! Although I imagine some of the roads would be worth the risk 😊😊

Could easily rack up 2.5k i did 1200 going to scotland and back in a weekend lol.

Take fuels cans and a spare wheel, also france has laws stating you should have certain things in your car (warning triangle, hi vis, pack of spare bulbs etc etc) so would be worth checking if the countries you're heading too have similar laws

Another thing to look at You can get European breakdown cover but make sure it covers you to be towed home as some of them just take you to a local garage.

I did 800 going up to Scotland but that's when it was stock haha! Ok thanks for the advise! I'll have to pick up a full size spare or two! Yeah I've seen France's crazy laws. I'll have a look into Europe break down cover now, appreciate the advice mate 😊

I cant comment on the car itself as i dont have a turbo but id probably give it a service and once over (brakes too) before hand if i were doing that sort of milage.

I took unmixed cooland and a full tub of oil with me up to scotland. Parked somewhere flat every night and Checked fluids every morning. Tyre pressure guage might be an idea too.

If theres a few of you, make sure one has a tow bar just incase

I went all the way to Spain via the French coast, came back and went along the Eastern border of France via the Pyrenees and Gorges du Verdon in France.

My sig pic is the top of a Pyrenees mountain after driving up a dirt trail for about 20 miles! I got overtaken by a 4x4 fiat panda because I was crawling up there haha

Gorges du Verdon is worth a trip by the way if your into scenery. Properly beautiful

Me and Idrees went upto the Netherlands through France and Belgium via Calais in the Glanza. Car was absolutely spot on except the input shaft beginning to whine quite loudly by the time we got back lol. Wasn't in the best condition before we set off though tbh.

Similar set up to yours. TF035 running 250bhp

Uzzy

Sounds good! I'm thinking the Italian lakes for scenery (and roads), Nurburgring because how could you not really then finish it with a night in Amsterdam! Makes me feel a little more hopefully that the glanza will make it, it's a low mileage glanza that's been looked after so I'd like to think it's healthy! I've seen iddys tf035 glanza, very similar setup, I'll be going for less power on mine though. Also what was your fuel consumption like on these road trips? I know it won't be brilliant so it's not really a concern just a question as to what sort of mileage I can do for the money. Cheers

I can't remember what it was doing to a tank tbh, I didn't pay any attention at the time! I'd say take your socket set with you though incase you have to do any roadside repairs

Me and Uzzy went to Amsterdam and Brussels in mine covering 1200 miles in 3 days. She didn't miss a beat.

Fuel wise, we were getting around 250 miles from a tank.

Edit. Doh, just seen Uzzy has already posted in here!

Me and Uzzy went to Amsterdam and Brussels in mine covering 1200 miles in 3 days. She didn't miss a beat.

Fuel wise, we were getting around 250 miles from a tank.

Edit. Doh, just seen Uzzy has already posted in here!

Was awesome meeting u and to see your ride in the flesh! :)

I'm going on monday for a little road trip round europe.. calais > amsterdam > cologne > frankfurt > epernay > then finishing at the LM 24hr, am i f*ck taking the glanza hah

Edited by RobSR