What's a rotten KP60 worth?

Found a very rotten kp60 just wondering what I should offer the bloke? Always planned on learning to weld.........might be a good opportunity lol

Not looked at it yet but a mate spotted it parked up on a drive. I remember it from years back and it's been parked out in all sorts. No idea if it runs lol

Thanks mate. I've a 20v in an SR here I could rob for the engine lol

I'm guessing whoever has it will have a fair idea of what they have because it changed hands in the last year and wasn't scrapped, and if you didn't know what it was.......this one looks like it should be 😂

Probably an easy £1500-2k there.

This reminds me of a few years ago i could have had a semi restored 4 door kp for £500 with MOT. It just needed an injection fuel tank making up and it would have been ready to drop a 4age in it!

Mistakes were made

So long and the short is. The car hasn't changed hands recently, it's just moved locations. The bloke would sell it but his Mrs is keen on restoring it so my numbers been left. It was the owners brother I spoke to and he seemed to know what they had and said lots of people were interested so I just asked him if it was cool to take some photos. If I'm honest it's way to far gone for me to be fucking about with so it was a bit of a relief to find out it's not for sale!

C360DA65-F357-40F0-BAAF-BC58D2BEFDBB_zps

D73F2B88-4FF1-40D7-8949-B2C882174702_zps

3781ECE4-787E-4D1F-BC5D-D5DF9F658EEE_zps

C7FC4D59-531F-443B-929F-1D31D8605923_zps

1B74542A-AE29-4061-9A80-73D8CAEBCB69_zps

That's going to be a big job restoring that who ever takes that on, wonder what the underneath is like, looking at how rotten it's got probably a flintstones job, get in the car and your feet at on the ground haha

Seen alot worse kp's than that. It's going in the usual places. Doors boot rear pockets and front of bonnet. It doesn't look that bad tbh. Rear pockets can be had but doors are hard to get so you would have to get them repaired.

If there's an engine in it chances are it wouldn't take much to get it running again.

Just checked the pics again. It should have a 4k in it happy days.

Edited by Bean