I currently don't have side decals on as had doors blown in last year and it still gets attention it's on around 133k works a 6 mile round trip I reckon I'd need to spend 1500 to get it up to a decent standard paint , wheels etc passenger door has a few car park dings only see in certain light yet whole of drivers side is mint, if I spent all that I wouldn't want to drive it and that's what I love about it ..driving it

Edited by burty
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh that's true if you make it too mint you won't want to use it. For front and rear bumpers, wing mirror covers, tte splitter fitted and painted and the drivers sill ( no rust just the paint had been worn away by people's shoes over the years) £380 and it's a mint. Place called elite panel and paint 10 miles south of Andover.

Yeh people don't know their cars properly ha ha or because it's not a supra or wearing a ford badge it's not worth anything or considered cool. I think In the next few years it'll have it's time and prices will climb for good ones

That's not too bad, the rest of the bodywork is mint it's just the bumpers, I'm also going to get the wing mirrors sprayed as well, just trying to find a reputable place around the Portsmouth area.

This condensation has just started over the last couple of days and got progressively worse, bugging the hell out of me!

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm tempted, just not sure if it'll look right with the clear indicators! Another thing Im looking into is the advanced timing mod, have you had this done to yours mate?

• 4 weeks later...

So a small update, all the service stuff is here apart from the magnecors which I'm still waiting for from id-workz, now I'm just trying to find time to even clean it let alone service it! With it raining on most of my days off at the moment.

I have finally found and bought a corolla inlet mani! Popped up on eBay, its going to need a rub down and respray but I'm just happy to finally have one. Its only taken me nearly 6 months.

Annoyingly though the starlet has now become my daily, with my 306 having too many problems I decided to break it. Ive had to drive the SR to Brighton, Bournemouth and Poole twice in the last two weeks, I hate putting mileage on this car, but its sooo reliable. So happy about the manifold now I just need to try and track down a 98' spec interior.

The mani's are great aren't they :) finally got hold of the upper support bracket today for mine! That's taken me ages! Ah mate you'll have to get another car and save the SR, I'm the same though, love going for nice little drives in the sun but hate putting miles on it! Why don't you get a fabia vrs- they're dirt cheap at the min and great little cars.

Edited by Pikey009

Yeh I think they look so much better than the standard mani as wel. Mine is coming with a bracket already on it, I'm hoping that's the right one.

I'm debating whether just to get a small engined petrol, as I only do around 4-5000 miles a year. Ideally though seeing how money goes Id like a powerful car again but with the starlet on the side.

Pads are getting low, so next month she'll be getting some new pads, discs and braided lines, hopefully it makes a nice difference! What discs have you got on yours mate?

Edited by DanSR

Yeh they ripped me right off when I ordered mine- asked for an extra £20 and since then every breakers I've spoken to has quoted silly money.

How far do you have to go each day then? What cars have you had in the past? I miss power so much- it's got that bad that I now think our diesel golf is quick ha ha. I may have to start doing loads of miles again at some point in the next few months due to work so if hat happens I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep the SR :/ trying to convince my other half for us to keep it stored.

I'm running levin twin pots on the front mate with meaty disks. It's a great set up as I've heard that trying to upgrade even glanza stock brakes is like flogging a dead horse so I bit the bullet. I have to say that they're amazing. Russ78 on here puts complete kits together and is a top guy - might be worth speaking to him.

Edited by Pikey009

So a small update, all the service stuff is here apart from the magnecors which I'm still waiting for from id-workz, now I'm just trying to find time to even clean it let alone service it! With it raining on most of my days off at the moment.

I have finally found and bought a corolla inlet mani! Popped up on eBay, its going to need a rub down and respray but I'm just happy to finally have one. Its only taken me nearly 6 months.

Annoyingly though the starlet has now become my daily, with my 306 having too many problems I decided to break it. Ive had to drive the SR to Brighton, Bournemouth and Poole twice in the last two weeks, I hate putting mileage on this car, but its sooo reliable. So happy about the manifold now I just need to try and track down a 98' spec interior.

Lucky; I've been searching for one myself to no avail! Lovely SR though, looking forward to seeing what you do with it :)

Lucky; I've been searching for one myself to no avail! Lovely SR though, looking forward to seeing what you do with it :)

Hopefully it doesn't take you as long as it took me lol, 6 months! And thanks mate, she's getting a few tweaks underneath but looks wise she's staying bone stock.

My work is only 3 miles away, but its driving to and from the girlfriends that builds up the miles. Out of all the cars I've had only 3 have really had power, punto GT, Celica St202.. Fairly quick, found it a bit under powered and looked quicker than it was, Ep3 type R... so much fun, fantastic engine and box, shit hot to 100mph for an NA 2.0 (16.4 secs) but sadly many are owned by nobs and they are too common. Regularly drove my best mates 257bhp volvo, had experience with other mates Dc2s, Cupra Rs, M3s etc.

Dont get rid of it mate! You will regret it lol. What other motors have you had?

I'll have a think about the brakes, may just get some decent discs and ferodos.

Calum where are you based mate? As I know this place have been a few times before only in Crawley quite local to me

To be honest mate the levin set up wasn't cheap but I thought with going turbo it'd be a good investment for me and I've seen and heard people spending money trying to make the stock brakes good so thought I'd just go for it ha ha.

Right my car history- deep breath...

First car: immaculate White Starlet SR

MR2 mk2 NA - Yellow for some mad reason!

Celica GT4 ST205 ended up being 403whp ( regret selling it every day since)

Ep80 5door ( used as a run around while the Celica had its build)

Rare white Corolla E111 1.6 kitted with the full TTE/WRC kit (used as a daily saving the gt4 for weekends)

Impreza wagon GB270 number 1 of 100 ever made

Toyota Auris SR180 mapped

Starlet EP95 ( planned to do a boosted 4wd SR rep)

Renault Clio 197

Mazda 3 MPS approx 300bhp

And now the black SR

Edited by Pikey009

Wow that is quite a list of peculiar cars! I came close to buying a Mazda 3 MPS but the tax is eye watering.

Ah maybe I won't bother as I'm not going for big power, I've got my eye on the obx manifold for the 5e from the states, either that or the Corolla e10 exhaust mani. Just want to make it a tad nippier.

Edited by DanSR

Yep I'm a bit of a Toyota nut. Have to say though that the Clio was an amazing car- poorly made but the brakes, handling, gear shifts and screaming engine were so good. The gt4 was savage in the end and ate everything I came across.

The Mazda was a great car my mate bought it off me so I still get to drive it from time to time. Only spent £500 getting it to 300 lol it was mapped via a Cobb access port that plugs into the obd- had flat shifting and launch control.

I've also looked into the whole exhaust thing for the SR mate and it just seems such a pain in the Arse. The obx need quite a bit of modifying as do the Corolla exhausts but if you or a friend are handy with a welder then I guess it's not that bad. RW have also made custom mani's for the NA which look fantastic and if I was staying NA I'd probably get one done but as I'm going turbo I thought I'd just save the money and get there quicker.

The Corolla inlet is great- I've got a paseo air feed ready to go on but to make everything neat and tidy I'm going for a half rad and glanza expansion tank- finding one has taken a while and so has saving for the half rad set up but I'm nearly there. Then it's getting mapped as an NA on an emb while I collect the conversion parts

Oh and although the tax was shit for the Mazda the insurance was cheap as chips so I paid that in a oner and paid the tax monthly. The way i see it is- as I've got older insurance has got cheaper and tax more expensive so it doesn't make much difference in the overall cost really. The mpg was 28 on a good day too

Yeh that's the thing if it was a straight fit I'd probably just go for it for the sheer hell of it but seeing as they need modifying I might just leave the exhaust alone. I definitely won't be decatting it.

She'll be getting the advanced timing mod as its apparently so cheap but just trying to find somewhere to do it. Oh I also forgot I'm also reading up on Corolla injectors.

Don't you're making me think about an MPS again lol, just did a check and insurance is just £37 a month for me at 25. I'm paying £30 for the SR.

Wish i was paying £30 a month lol £220 eats my bank haha, best thing for na's are handling mods, i have a 421, lightweight flywheel and corolla intake on, can really tell the difference especially when you race another na, im getting a 2' exhaust system making up with a sports cat next month since mine keeps blowing. Do like this sr though mate :)

Yeh that's the thing if it was a straight fit I'd probably just go for it for the sheer hell of it but seeing as they need modifying I might just leave the exhaust alone. I definitely won't be decatting it.

She'll be getting the advanced timing mod as its apparently so cheap but just trying to find somewhere to do it. Oh I also forgot I'm also reading up on Corolla injectors.

Don't you're making me think about an MPS again lol, just did a check and insurance is just £37 a month for me at 25. I'm paying £30 for the SR.

Don't mess around with the timing. Stick to intake and exhaust mods.

Oh yeh I forgot about lightweight pullys and a fly. Heard the timing thing can be good but a lot of people get it wrong. Won't have to worry with an EMB anyway.

Yep im 31 and the SR is pretty cheap on insurance but quite a bit more than other cars- the MPS was almost as cheap. It's like they don't want old cars on the road.

Wish i was paying £30 a month lol £220 eats my bank haha, best thing for na's are handling mods, i have a 421, lightweight flywheel and corolla intake on, can really tell the difference especially when you race another na, im getting a 2' exhaust system making up with a sports cat next month since mine keeps blowing. Do like this sr though mate :)

£220 a month! I take it that's with all mods declared as well? How much difference did the the flywheel and obx make? Like a couple of car lengths when racing another NA? And is it the same lightweight flywheel that's for the 4e-fte? And thanks mate yours if lovely!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Posted Image

Posted Image

So there it is lads, turned up today, needs a good clean, really good rub down and respray which I'll be doing next week. So it'll be brakes next on the list!

£220 a month! I take it that's with all mods declared as well? How much difference did the the flywheel and obx make? Like a couple of car lengths when racing another NA? And is it the same lightweight flywheel that's for the 4e-fte? And thanks mate yours if lovely!

Yeah still stupidly high lol and the 421 and flywheel made the best difference, normally a couple of car length but it just keeps pulling and pulling away from them haha and yeah 4efte one will need a 4efte clutch as well but fit na box without any mods :)