Lol that's very true indeed, they are so rare that no one knows what it is and everyone thinks it a shit box and that I've just passed my test and tbh it does get on my tits, a guy at work thought it was a fiesta! I get loads of people trying it on (must be the SR stickers and backbox) usually the likes of cupra Rs, Type Rs and focus STs etc but I know I'll get completely rinsed so it doesn't bother me, but I thought a fucking Prius! Of all cars!

Edited by DanSR
  • Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know mate its so annoying! But i always have great fun racing them through the twisties! But when you get to a straight it is very frustrating even if you exit the corner at a very decent speed haha but the good thing is it is very easy to make these cars fast!

Right my plan is to either turbo the SR, just not sure exactly all the bits I need and cost yet, or sell up in January when it gets a fresh MOT and use the money to buy another car... At the moment thinking possible Mazda 6 mps, Accord Type R or Clio 172, decisions!

It's the tax that puts me off the mazdas a bit, another one on my list is a BMW 330ci, I was pretty impressed as a passenger in one a while back, but very common! Where as my starlet is the only SR I've seen in person for no joke 3 or 4 years now.

yep they're pretty rare and i'm well pissed off i can't keep mine. Haven't had much interest in it yet but i guess people think it's too expensive when you see others for £800. Problem is they are mostly absolute dogs and haven't got any of the stuff that mine has.

I know what you're saying about the tax on the MPS but my insurance was so cheap it didn't bother me. Growing up It used to be the other way round with tax being cheap and insurance costing a bomb.

yep they're pretty rare and i'm well pissed off i can't keep mine. Haven't had much interest in it yet but i guess people think it's too expensive when you see others for £800. Problem is they are mostly absolute dogs and haven't got any of the stuff that mine has.

I know what you're saying about the tax on the MPS but my insurance was so cheap it didn't bother me. Growing up It used to be the other way round with tax being cheap and insurance costing a bomb.

Has anyone been to view it yet? I don't even know if I can be bothered to sell mine purely because of the amount of idiots you have to deal with when selling a car... the ridiculous phone calls and texts... The offers of £500 when the car is up for £2000... Dodgy car dealers trying to haggle you down so they can sell on.. 'will you ship to Nigeria'.. The list goes on, when I sold an old civic 1.4 I had for £450 the new owner contacted me a week later saying the accelerator cable had snapped and basic told me I was going to pay for the repairs!!!

Anyway, theres a lad selling a full Glanza 98' spec interior on Facebook for £120, if hes still got it when I get paid I'm not sure if I can resist.

• 1 month later...

So its been a little while since I've been on here and no real updates other than the alloys are booked in for a refurb and respray on Tuesday. Cant wait, will upload pictures of the results. Other than that I'm still on the hunt for that elusive 98' spec interior, probably wouldn't bother but as my drivers seat has a huge rip down the side then may as well go for it.

So the alloys still aren't done but whilst they are off I decided to give the brakes a good clean with a wire brush and a lick of hammerite paint, it's been fucking freezing down here so it took ages for it all to dry, I've finally found a 98' spec interior! Lad should be sending it to me at the end of the week.

The Starlet has once again become my daily as I'm getting rid of fanny the fiesta, it just needs too much body work and is dangerously slow at times. I'm considering getting a normal starlet as a daily instead as you can pick up a normal NA for peanuts.

Pics from today

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers mate, I've got the alloys on now and they look amazing, putting them on just two hours ago in the dark was a challenge, I'll get some pictures in the day.

Nice cars, I take it that's what you've got now then? I like them and they map really well but I don't really do the mileage any more to need a diesel, although I find diesel torque and power delivery a lot of fun.

Did you go for a stock like colour with the wheels? Yeh I thought long and hard and looked at a lot of cars but you just can't get the same economy, practicality and performance from any other car in the same price range. The only trouble is that there are a lot of dogs out there and after seeing quite a few I managed to find a good one with only 60k.

Yeh it goes so well for a car that's only meant to have 130 but has already held its own against stuff it shouldn't have. Got some Audi TT calipers waiting to go on which were dirt cheap compared to my twin pots on the SR and just about to order coilovers. Once that's sorted it'll be getting mapped and I can't see it needing much more power than 180

Edited by Pikey009

Yeh I went for stock colour, I thought about gun metal or anthracite but didn't think it looked right, although it looks great against white SRs I think. Now I just can't wait for this interior to turn up!

Nice! That'll be like shit off a shovel with 180, I probably won't get a daily until after Christmas now, I think I need something cheap that I won't give a shit about that I can just chuck the dogs in when they're muddy and not care. As far as plans for the SR before Christmas I'll just be replacing all bolts with zinc plated ones. Do you miss your SR?

Yeh stock for the win although I always liked the idea of owning a clean standard one and another that I'd just throw round a track with different wheels etc. Sounds good mate that's what my next step was if I'd have kept mine. Yeh miss mine a lot as it just felt special driving it- the fabia doesn't have much soul or that old car feel.

it's a cracking little thing though and already feels good on stock power. Some of the lads push them to 250ish but I can't really see the point to be honest. This is me sort of behaving for a few years and saving until bean is ready to sell me back my old gt4- that's the thing I regret selling more than anything else I've owned. Ive tried almost every different set up of car since then but just can't scratch that itch. Should've never sold it really but was trying to be sensible at the time.

I know I'd miss mine a lot if I sold it, especially the attention and comments it gets when I'm out, hell I'll even miss my Fiesta it has such a retro feel when driving it but it's so slow that I have to ring my girlfriend and parents to tell them I love them and remind them of what song I want at my funeral before driving it anywhere with slip roads and busy junctions/roundabouts.

My 98' spec interior has turned up and I'll be fitting it tomorrow, love the look of it and can't wait to get it in, even the misses likes it which is a bonus.

Gave it all a good clean with turtle wax interior cleaner this evening, it's amazing how much dirt actually comes out, will upload some better picture tomorrow when it's in.

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So got the interior in today and it was incredibly easy, took an hour and a half to do the whole lot, but one thing I still need to do is fit the rear seat properly but ran out of daylight. Some pictures of it before...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Gave it a good hoover as well...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And now after, much much better in my opinion...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

this is literally like watching my build thread ha ha they're so much better arent they. Now all you need is a welder friend to custom build some lower seat frames :) Turns out the guy who bought mine is now actually getting rid of my front and rear seats... sorry it wasn't in time for you mate. Now all you need is the rest of the plastics :) how come the door cards didn't come with the swtich plastics?