HUNTING for a Pulsar GTIR

Chocolate gearbox on a Gtir is like evo 4 and crank walk. One of those things everyone thinks is a massive problem but never owned one.

Bigger wheels, clutch more power all put strain on the box. Personally i think they are much more car than a starlet

Don't listen to the pulsar haters!! Lol yeah, they need a lot of work to make them relatively reliable but what a car. I'd trade mine for a glanza any day!

In regards to finding one, give Bob at torque of the south in south-end-on-sea a ring. He might be able to sell you one or at least put you in touch with someone selling one. Best of luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't listen to the pulsar haters!! Lol yeah, they need a lot of work to make them relatively reliable but what a car. I'd trade mine for a glanza any day!

In regards to finding one, give Bob at torque of the south in south-end-on-sea a ring. He might be able to sell you one or at least put you in touch with someone selling one. Best of luck.

I meant trade my glanza for a pulsar any day lol.

the 1 thing that lets pulsars down is their chocolate gearboxes

Never heard about the gearbox issue before

And the fact Nissans of that era are made of rust

Im sure its the arches that goes

Im sure its the arches that goes

And the rest!

Tailgate

Floor pan along the sills

Slam panel

Chassis legs

Bottoms of the doors

Rear quarters

Some more common than others but 25year old Nissans do tend to rust pretty bad..

Get a good one and you'll be fine but theres no way you'll find a good one cheap!

Have you considered a Celica GT4 ST205? Best car i've owned, will run circles round most things in the corners and potential for big power too. Plus most are cheaper than Glanzas. I do like a nice Pulsar but as already said- they tend to be a bit of a nightmare. Plus parts must be hard to find and barely anyone tunes them nowadays

ignore the joker on ebay that's asking crazy money for his though just because it's got Castrol graphics, cage and a rally log book!

Edited by Pikey009

wel me experiance in them are very good i had 1 back on 2004/2005 my god there some animal suited my driving style just fine i could hammer it everywhere

mine did not break she had 340.000km :thumbsup: she was fairly stock engine wise tho but ya rust back then was showing al over

if i got the chance i would deffo get 1 again """ sunday car """ not as a daily if it breaks your fucked

I had one for a few years, it got pinched and they blew it up, I suspect an over rev on down change as the engine was stock!

It was fairly solid, but the rear arches had started to rust, as they all do. It had it's fair share of problems, but it was 20 years old when I bought it, so come to expect that.

Wouldn't have another, but a properly cool car which even in standard guise went really well, come rain, snow or sunshine.

76972_497591899713_7112680_n.jpg?oh=52b0

I did have a gtir on a K reg but the arches started to bubble and the sills wore gone lol it was bogged up badly my mistake in buying it in the dark lol had to get rid